Skip to main content
Home Panhandle General Fishing & The Outdoors

Freshwater 10-2 & 10-3

Switched gears and did a 2 day freshwater trip.  started out fishing Pine Log Creek.  Did catch a couple of Jack Fish, but fishing was slow.  Pulled out and fished Holmes Creek and action was much better.  First ever Flathead catfish on a spinner bait along with a couple of Bass and a good Jack bite.  Monday moved to Chapola River and picked up a few more Bass with a good Jack bite along with several good Bream on spinner baits.  I suspect a good day could be had fishing a Spin Dandy for Bream.  Good days on the water!
In my many years, I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame,two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.-- John Adams

Replies

• mudflatmarkmudflatmark Apollo beach, clearwater, cape san BlasPosts: 12 Deckhand
    I had a grandfather in Perry who loved freshwater fishing in the Swanee, Santafee/etc. He would take me, we would get up at  three or four and drive over 100 miles an hour to get to the boat launch. Of course i never spoke of this. He wanted to be on the river in his first spot before the sun thought about coming up. Like I might do for early season Deer hunting. Lucky no deer ran out in front of us. As much as he enjoyed freshwater fish and fishing. He had a merciless hatred of turtles which you sometimes catch in freshwater, he seemed to sense them cork goes under turtle on the hook. He would then stick his pliers its mouth spin him until his neck looked like a ruberband powered airplane wound too tight.