Skip to main content
Home West Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

Shout out to some unbelievable Customer Service. JL Audio and Rhodan 7/27/22

Well the rhodan has been going strong for over a year without any issues.  I go out a couple weeks ago and every button I push on the remote except for thrust I get a "honk honk" error code and nothing is working.  Email rhodan customer service and they get right back to me.  They give me a couple things to test and I do and we diagnosed it down to the steering box.  He then says, I will send you one.

I don't know if there is a warranty on this or not but I have had it for 2 1/2 years.  I have had some issues but they sent me a new steering box for free and I am back at it.

My 2nd one is one of my JL speakers is cracking really badly with deep base.  I bought the boat from Tobias and I think the man had a sound system issue.  This thing is ridiculous.  JL across the board.  multiple amps etc...  Way more than I would have ever put in a boat.  New speakers are $400 a pair which I was looking for other options that might fit in the hole for this JL speaker.  Anyways, on the one that is failing, the tweeter is clearly rusting and literally a rust stain is down the front of the face plate and even on my gel coat.  I THINK I find the part for the new tweeter but it is $125 too.  Replaces the whole cover and tweeter.  But $125 is a lot better than $400.  So I email their customer service to make sure I had the right part.  I sent a picture too so we were on the same page.

They freaking sent me a replacement for free.  Didn't even contemplate asking for that.  These have to be at least 3 or 4 years old.  They are discontinued for newer models.  Got it today and put the speaker back together and I will be back annoying people with hells bells very soon...

Just wanted to compliment companies for going above and beyond on customer service.  I wasn't expecting either of these.

Tight Lines...
In Loving Memory of James Zielske, January 19, 1957-July 5, 2013

Replies