Skip to main content
Home General Fishing

Zayak Sea Sled

MossMoss MichiganPosts: 1 Greenhorn
Several years ago I used one of these small sea sleds being towed behind a boat when we were hunting lobster.  I am now trying to purchase one or something similar and having difficulty finding one.  Does anyone know where one can be bought.  They are rigid hull body board with a glass window about 3 to 4 feet long.  

Replies

• The Cat's EyeThe Cat's Eye Posts: 1,691 Captain
    edited August 4 #2

They seem to be still available online ?  

Below is what i use to tow with. I even had myself towed in 80 ft depths with Scuba gear, with the board 20 ft above the bottom, on one of those rare days when visibility was over 100 ft. (Yep, you could have seen a 25 cent piece on the bottom from the surface in 80 ft.)  The smaller board would take a snorkeler down to 40 ft in two seconds and back up is two seconds. Only one hand is needed to operate these boards, so your other hand is free to help equalize or carry something. I also attached an old vehicle seat belt to the tow rope for deep diving that enabled me to quick release the board at depth while being towed. Then i would let the board rise to the surface, so the helmsman could see where i detached. For the tow line i used floating rope with a small buoy at the end so the helmsman would know when the diver released the board from the tow line.

I had to cut down the larger board's wings since i could not turn it back up towards the surface and overcome the force on its horizontal surfaces. i eventually sold it.  but kept the smaller board that is completely covered in fiberglass over marine plywood 

Giimoozaabi