Skip to main content
Home Northeast (3 Forums) Sale/Trade

2000 Hewes Bayfisher 16 for Sale!

jcampbell577jcampbell577 Posts: 187 Deckhand
edited July 11 in Sale/Trade #1

Selling my beloved 2000 Hewes Bayfisher 16. Below is a summary of all that comes with the boat, as well as photos. I have videos as well if you'd like to see them. The boat is 100% turn key, ready to fish today and includes everything you need from GPS to trolling motor to charger. My only reason for selling the boat is that I recently purchased a Pathfinder (staying in the MBG family) and I only have enough space to store one boat. It's hard to know what you're getting when purchasing a used boat, but I can tell you I've always gone the extra mile to take the best possible care of this boat. No matter how tired I was or how late we got back from fishing, the motor was ALWAYS been flushed with fresh water and the boat was always washed and hatches left open to dry freely to prevent any musty smell. The engine has been run with ethanol free fuel, Yamalube oil, and Yahama ring-free additive. The batteries have stayed healthy thanks to the Minn Kota on board charger. The boat was garage kept most of its life and any time it had to be stored outside, it has been protected by a cover. This engine has been bulletproof and most people know it is one of Yamahas best built engines. I have had almost no issues with it in all of the years I've owned it. It has strong compression across all 3 cylinders and has been recently serviced with new plugs, gear lube, ect. The live well pump, bilge pump, trim tabs, tilt, navigation lights, interior lights, trailer lights, engine, and trailer are all in great working order with no known issues. The Motorguide trolling motor has some serious thrust to it and moves the boat around with ease. The spot-lock anchor feature will hold the boat in the high speed currents we get up here in Jacksonville for hours, with plenty of battery power left when we get home. The remote control is easy to use and the anchor feature is extremely accurate. The boat comes with a Garmin chartplotter / depth finder that works excellent and will allow you to start fishing right away. For nighttime fishing, the boat has a full interior led (color changing) light system. The cockpit, back deck area, and front hatch can all be light and you can adjust brightness and desired color from an included remote control. The boat has more than enough rod holders (14 total) for every fishing and storage situation. There is a ton of storage space on the boat as well as a large rear livewell and rear bait box/dry storage that you could plumb as a second livewell if needed. The trailer is solid and in good condition with good tires and bright led brake/running lights. The tongue can fold which was crucial for me, allowing the boat to be  storaged in a 1 car garage. This boat has been extremely versatile and allowed me to float in inches of water while sight-fishing snook or reds and in the same day, run out and cruise the beach or fish the inlet for Tarpon. It rides extremely well in my opinion and floats in inches of water. I got compliments and questions on the boat almost every time I went out. I'm hoping it can go to a good home and to someone else who will appreciate it as much as we have. Below is a summary of all I could think of that's included. Please contact me with any questions and I'd be more than happy to answer them!

• 2000 Hewes Bayfisher 16
  • 2000 Yamaha 90HP (runs flawlessly)
  • Galvanized trailer with led lights and folding tongue (fits in 1 car garage)
  • Poling platform
  • Lenco Trim Tabs
  • Motorguide xi5 with Pinpoint GPS (80lb Thrust - 60 inch shaft - remote control)
  • Trolling motor quick disconnect plate 
  • 3 deep cycle batteries
  • Minn Kota 3 bank Precision on board charger
  • Garmin Echomap depth finder/chart plotter with chirp transducer
  • JBL audio speakers with custom enclosures (mounted under poling platform)
  • Full Interior LED lights (under gunnel, front hatch, and poling platform.) Wireless remote controlled. Can change from red, green, white, blue, yellow, and more
  • New bright LED shark eye navigation lights
  • Stainless steel front deck mount for swivel pedestal seat
  • Anchor, chain, and anchor line included
  • 14 Rod Holders:
  • * 2 on poling platform
  • * 2 on rear deck
  • * 6 on console
  • * 4 under gunnels
  • Lots of storage:
  • *Front anchor locker
  • *Extra large front storage hatch
  • *Console seat with hatch
  • *Large storage area under rear bench seat
  • *20 Gallon circular rear livewell
  • *Large rear fish box with drain (or dry storage)
  • *Large rear hatch (2 battery slots, battery switch, Marpac Water/fuel separator)
  • Full cover with straps

Boat is located in Jacksonville, Florida. Happy to answer questions, send more photos and videos, or let you schedule a time to come see the boat. Asking $23,000 and all that is listed above is included in that price. The best way to reach me would be on my cell at 772-215-7572. Thanks for looking!