Skip to main content
Home Classifieds: Boats

1980 Mako 238 WA w/ 2006 225 Etec Saltwater Series

SkidRoeSkidRoe Palm BayPosts: 2 Greenhorn
edited July 11 in Classifieds: Boats #1

I have a 1980 Mako 238 WA with an 06 Evinrude Etec 225 Saltwater Series engine for sale. This started as a project for my dad and I, but with him recently moving out of state, it's more than I want to handle on my own. Through working on the project, we've made the following upgrades:

Hull
Transom was replaced.
New cushions were made for entire boat.
Bottom sanded and repainted with bottom paint.
I've started replacing rotted wooden hatch covers with Starboard and have plenty extra to offer with the boat.
New 80gal poly fuel tank(needs to be installed)

Engine
2006 Evinrude Etec 225 Saltwater Series
46hrs on engine(can confirm with EvDiag software)

Trailer
Replaced wiring/lights 2 months ago
All new tires 2 months ago
New trailer guides
New bunks/slides
Newer winch
Heavy duty jack that has never seen saltwater

For electronics and accessories, I have:

Brand new 80gal poly fuel tank 
Humminbird HELIX 7 CHIRP w/transducer(NIB)
NAVIONICS maps of the Southern US(NIB)
Evinrude diagnostic software w/ wiring harness
Garmin GPSMAP 2206
Furuno FCV-667 with transducer
NAVMAN fuel flow meter
Lenco trim tabs
Removable head in cabin
Life vests

The "Bad"
The fuel tank will need to be installed if you choose to go that route. The original tank, though leaking, is still in the boat but we've already done the hard work of removing the foam and breaking the tank loose. Literally just pull it out to remove it.

The trailer will need its brakes replaced. The shoe is rubbing inside, I believe it's the driver's side drum, but it's still trailerable(just makes a rubbing sound).

I've been running this engine periodically off a gas can and it runs flawlessly. I will be happy to run the Evinrude diagnostic software to provide proof of hours.

The bottom line is this is a highly desirable vessel for those wishing to restore or even just have a quality craft they can depend on for years to come. Sporting a roomy cabin with room to sleep 2, plenty of room to comfortably fish multiple people in the aft and bow, the possibilities are endless. Family outings, father-son fishing trips or even the lone angler; with just some finishing touches, this Mako 238 WA is the perfect boat to get you on your way to making memories which will last a lifetime.

Asking $18000 or best offer. Boat is located in SE Palm Bay