Wind forecast looked promising 1 to 2 foot seas for a 12 to 15 mile just off our shore line. Just off the Sanibel lighthouse not too bad. then as we were going farther south it was 1 to 3 then 2 to 3` right out of the south. very bumpy ride. it was a bone shaker and a wet ride... Then my main Garmin which is on a snap in mounting system pops out and I just caught it before it hit the deck .. When I reconnected it, now the screen is there but very dark. Ok now Craig my son asks "do you have a manual on board?" he must be kidding ,no is the answer. He pulls out his Phone and I give him the model and brand of Garmin that I have. my head is under a towel to try and read the screen. Using his phone my son was able to download the Garmin manual. His wife Donna takes over on the Garmin , Craig is telling her what to do, I am at the helm driving. she is now following Craig`s instructions as to what procedure to do to restart the Garmin and brighten up the screen so I can see it. What a team OK all is working now.
I should have had a plan B in place. As soon as I knew it was not as calm as it has to be there was no way to stay over or around a spring. When conditions are right you will see a very distinct color change in the out flow water from the spring. Great to have a crew that can really help and not be disappointed if a plan does not work out.