Skip to main content
Home Off Topic

Ford F-150 Lightening

ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 21,643 Moderator
You can not sell the vehicle until you have owned it for at least one year.?

"Ford’s communication with dealers offered language to create the policy: “Purchaser hereby agrees that it will not sell, offer to sell, or otherwise transfer any ownership interest in the Vehicle prior to the first anniversary of the date hereof. Purchaser further agrees that Seller may seek injunctive relief to prevent the transfer of the title of the Vehicle or demand payment from Purchase of all value received as consideration for the sale or transfer.”

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/autos/ford-f-150-lightning-no-151000937.html

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

Replies

• dave44dave44 Posts: 17,544 AG
    Aren’t auto manufacturers selling costs regulated heavily?

I believe that’s why some people were buying and then reselling for a higher cost, especially limited vehicles.

I’m not a fan of the the policy but it looks like it’s a function of government mandates to me. 😆
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 21,643 Moderator
    edited June 23 #3
    I'm not aware of any government rules or regulations that dictate what price a maker/dealer can put on a vehicle. 

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 21,643 Moderator
    Key word here is "guidance". Other than antitrust laws I don't see where pricing is dictated.

Q: One of my suppliers marks its products with a Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price (MSRP). Do I have to charge this price?

A: The key word is "suggested." A dealer is free to set the retail price of the products it sells. A dealer can set the price at the MSRP or at a different price, as long as the dealer comes to that decision on its own. However, the manufacturer can decide not to use distributors that do not adhere to its MSRP.

Q: I am a manufacturer and I occasionally get complaints from dealers about the retail prices that other dealers are charging for my products. What should I tell them?

A: Competitors at each level of the supply chain must set prices independently. That means manufacturers cannot agree on wholesale prices, and dealers cannot agree on retail prices. However, a manufacturer can listen to its dealers and take action on its own in response to what it learns from them.

Many private antitrust cases have involved a manufacturer cutting off a discounting dealer. Often there is evidence that the manufacturer received complaints from competing dealers before terminating the discounter. This evidence alone is not enough to show a violation; the manufacturer is entitled to try to keep its dealers happy with their affiliation. Legal issues may arise if it appears that the dealers have agreed to threaten a boycott or collectively pressure the manufacturer to take action.

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 40,849 AG
    Crappy dealers do it all the time. they will have the MSRP and then another sticker below it with added profit and a new dealer MSRP. 

Now Ford has said any dealer that marks up the lightning above MSRP will have their inventory of the vehicle taken away from them. So, Ford's policy is trying to stop price gouging. I guess Ford wants to stop individuals from doing the same thing, so they include the language requiring ownership for one year. 

Former Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement.