Skip to main content
Home General Fishing

Chasing Monsters

gogittumgogittum Nature CoastPosts: 3,263 Captain
Recently I commented on the Fish or Die TV series about a group of adventurers who travel the world fly fishing for exotic fish.  Highly enjoyable.

There's another one, too, with Cyril Chauquet and the the one I'm watching now is titled, "Wild Fish - Tension on the Line."  It's excellent.  I did a google to find his last name and found that he's apparently got several going.  "Chasing Monsters," "Last of the Giants," and probably more.  On NGCHD and also streaming.

He does basically the same thing - traveling the world seeking out strange and huge species and presents very well....and has a lot of fun doing it.  Nawww......I'm not envious.  Honest.  😎😎

Replies

• 10kman10kman Posts: 903 Officer
      Few years ago,my wife had to go to a Doctor.In
    his office was several magazines on fly fishing.So
    when I call into his office,I eventually asked what
    fish he flyfished for.He said,I don't fish around here,
    I like to fly fish for Black Marlin !
  • bigfinn35bigfinn35 Sarasota/VenicePosts: 1,098 Officer
    Definitely a hell of a lifestyle. I do remember watching the episode of his on goliath grouper fishing down in Boca Grande, and laughing at him using that comically huge spinning reel rather than conventional gear. Obviously done to play up how hard the fight was, and it got the job done eventually, but a bit funny to see. Still loved the show and episode.
    Paddle faster, I hear banjo music.
  • 18Egret18Egret Posts: 44 Deckhand
    gogittum said:
    Recently I commented on the Fish or Die TV series about a group of adventurers who travel the world fly fishing for exotic fish.  Highly enjoyable.

There's another one, too, with Cyril Chauquet and the the one I'm watching now is titled, "Wild Fish - Tension on the Line."  It's excellent.  I did a google to find his last name and found that he's apparently got several going.  "Chasing Monsters," "Last of the Giants," and probably more.  On NGCHD and also streaming.

He does basically the same thing - traveling the world seeking out strange and huge species and presents very well....and has a lot of fun doing it.  Nawww......I'm not envious.  Honest.  😎😎
    I'm watching this show too...Cyril is a good friend. What you see on TV is what you get. He's a excellent fisherman, speaks 3 languages and really loves to fish. I've done several shows with him. But must say I like this format much better than his earlier shows. Definitely worth watching!...Pete