Skip to main content
Home Southeast General Fishing & The Outdoors

I thought taxes were due April 18th, I paid additional taxes today!

I thought taxes were due April 18th, I paid additional taxes today!

I finally pried my butt out of bed at 9:30 and was headed out solo at 10, Jorge from the Stuart Rod and Reel Club called as his son stood him up, grabbed him at Sandsprit Park and it was off to catch bait.  In short order we had two livewells full of greenies and we headed north to the Boils (FPL Power Plant in Ft. Pierce) in search of Cobia. 

We thought we saw three Cobia and Jorge sight casted to them and in short order he was hooked up.  An extensive fight ensued with long runs and “ring around the rosie” around the boat and a quick gaff job, in the head(no wasted meat) and he was in the box, over 45” and 30 lbs.  Nice job Jorge!  We each hooked up again although got bit off after a long fight.  I hooked a Snookasaurus, probably my biggest ever but sadly, the man in the grey suit took his share of the taxes and I ended up with the head after about a twenty minute fight with Jorge on the helm chasing him.  We headed in at 4 and I dropped Jorge off at Sandsprit at 5 but I have to admit, I have a problem……two dozen baits left and on the way in, every dock and bridge was calling my name.  I fished two and half more hours catching 6 Snooklets and getting back to the dock at 7:30 with another hour or more of boat cleaning.  I couldn’t waste those baits. 

Always a great day fishing with Jorge.

Replies