Home Big Bend General Fishing & The Outdoors

Ramp fees for Citrus County

Hello Everyone......Merry Christmas and Happy New Year,
What I need is a little help clearing up the "pay for play" boat fees.
Who do I see or call to pay for the use of the ramps in Citrus  County?
Will the County issue a sticker for your boat,car or trailer?     
Finally; I was told that if you are on a raft or float you will need a sticker.
That seems hard to believe.        Thank for all responses.      Mike

Replies

• JzyjackJzyjack Inverness, FLPosts: 2 Greenhorn
    To make it even harder to swallow, the county has subcontracted the enforcement and implementation of the new fees to an out of state company. These county officials need to be replaced. They continuously make policy that is contrary to the wishes of the constituency like bidding on acquiring the abandoned pirate resort in Ozello after receiving a resounding no from the voters that they represent.
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 10,673 Moderator
    When it happens there will be kiosks to get a daily use pass. Annual pass usually are purchased online or through county office to get a sticker.
    "You'll get your weather"
  • Jstubby2Jstubby2 Lat -90 Long +90 👍Posts: 804 Officer
    Is it definitely happening? that signe has been up at FIT ramp forever.
  • Gr8LakerGr8Laker Bev Hills / Pine RidgePosts: 35 Deckhand
    The contractor is using a camera to photograph the license plate on the trailer. 352-527-7542 and ask for Manuel. 
    County residents should get a one-time $25 charge to their credit card. Non residents will probably pay as they go.

I signed up last week, and have my fingers crossed that everything works as promised.
  • DeboDebo Posts: 58 Deckhand
    I have a few quesions maybe someone with an inside scoop can answer for me. If it's taking a picture of the plate on the trailer can I assume that if I have more than one boat or I launch my kayaks from multiple vehicles that it will show I have an annual pass for all my watercraft and vehicles. And if so I guess using a friends vehicle for any of the that will no longer work without them purchasing a pass also? I wonder if the fees collected will be sufficient enough to improve any of the ramps in the county. Maintain possibly but improve is another story because no where can I find if the fees will be added to the currently budgeted money for parks and rec or if the fees are replacing that allocated money.  Thanks for all the information you are posting in reference to the new program. 
    An article in Sunday's paper indicated that each trailer would require its own pass. The article included the contractor's website, which I found to be of no help.
  • Salty Dawg44Salty Dawg44 Homosassa, FLPosts: 1,343 Officer
    Here is what was in Sundays' Mullet Wrapper.

New boat ramp fees to kick in Jan. 1 By MICHAEL D. BATES Chronicle Reporter Starting Jan. 1, certain county-maintained boat ramp users will have to ante up money to launch their watercraft. The Citrus County Parks & Recreation Boat Launch fees will be in effect for these ramps: Fort Island Gulf Beach Boat Ramp, 16000 W. Fort Island Trail, Crystal River; Fort Island Trail Park Boat Ramp, 12073 W. Fort Island Trail, Crystal River; Hernando Beach Boat Ramp, 3650 E. Lake Place, Hernando; MacRae’s Boat Ramp,5290 S. Cherokee Way, Homosassa The fees will be used to maintain and improve the facilities. Here are the rates: ■ $10 daily fee for launching a watercraft ■ $25 annual pass fee for a resident of Citrus County launching a watercraft (with proof of residency) ■ $75 annual pass fee for a nonresident of Citrus County launching a watercraft. Watercraft is defined as any and all kinds of flotation vessels designated for use on the water, whether or not motorized, including, but not limited to: boats, canoes, kayaks, jet skis, Skidoos, pedal craft, pontoon boats, rafts, inflatable craft, tubes, paddleboards, or wind propelled Boaters make their way toward the Hernando boat ramp on the Tsala Apopka Chain of Lakes Tuesday, Oct. 26. Starting Jan. 1, boaters will have to pay to launch their vessels at several popular boat ramps around Citrus County. One license plate is permitted per pass holder. County commissioners on Feb. 9, 2021, voted 4-1 to enact boat launch user fees and reaction from residents was mixed. Some said $25-per-year is a fair price to pay, especially if it means they will help fund parking upgrades and improvements. Others said it’s yet another tax and opposed the fee. Citrus County Parks and Recreation contracted with a private rm called Premium Parking Service to handle the collection and enforcement of the boat launch fees. Premium will set up cameras to read license plates and prosecute non-payers. Here are some program details: ■ Only one annual pass/ subscription per-trailer tag is required to access any of the four affected county launches. ■ Residency verification is required for the annual pass/subscription within three days of purchase. ■ Customers must provide a copy of their state of Florida ID/Driver’s License or utility bill with a Citrus County address to verify residency. ■ People have the option to pay the fees by downloading the Premium Parking app, using a QR code (located at the ramps), or contacting the customer service payment line at (844) 236-2011. To purchase a daily or annual pass, visit the Premium Parking website at http://www. premiumparking.com/ city/citrus-county. For more information, contact Citrus County Parks and Recreation at 352-527-7540.

MY WORST FEAR......THAT WHEN I DIE MY WIFE WILL SELL ALL MY BOATS & FISHING GEAR FOR WHAT I TOLD HER I PAID FOR IT.......

I may not always agree with what you say,
    but I will always respect your right to be wrong!
    edited December 2021 #10

The single $25 fee covered the registration for all 3 of my boat trailers.

Got an email reply the following morning that they got and accepted my proof of residency (scanned electric bill with my address).
     Question: Don't non resident snowbirds also have electric bills here???

Nice of our county government to give us so much warning that their fees are going into effect this weekend!

MY WORST FEAR......THAT WHEN I DIE MY WIFE WILL SELL ALL MY BOATS & FISHING GEAR FOR WHAT I TOLD HER I PAID FOR IT.......

• tankeredtankered Gainesvill, FlPosts: 1,240 Officer
    MacRae's?

Isn't that a privately owned / maintained ramp?
    No. That ramp , both FIT ramps and Hernando lake require a pass or pay by day.
  • DOCKSIDEDOCKSIDE Posts: 1,899 Captain

The single $25 fee covered the registration for all 3 of my boat trailers.

Got an email reply the following morning that they got and accepted my proof of residency (scanned electric bill with my address).
     Question: Don't non resident snowbirds also have electric bills here???

Nice of our county government to give us so much warning that their fees are going into effect this weekend!

Um, has been on the docket and in paper for awhile....
    somewhere south of disorder and on earth... mostly .
    ..............................................................................
    IBEW LU 433
  • ocalaocala Posts: 215 Deckhand
    edited January 9 #14
    That's fine Citrus County. You got my $75, but I will no longer buy gas, buy any supplies, or have dinner in your county after a long day on the water. I'll wait till I get back to Marion County and give it to those thieves. By the way they do the same thing in Marion County at Lake Weir. 
    Government. Organized stealing is all it is. 
    edited January 9 #15
    ocala said:
    That's fine Citrus County. You got my $75, but I will no longer buy gas, buy any supplies, or have dinner in your county after a long day on the water. I'll wait till I get back to Marion County and give it to those thieves. By the way they do the same thing in Marion County at Lake Weir. 
    Government. Organized stealing is all it is. 
    Taking it out on the small local businesses that had nothing to do with this, and will receive no benefit from it, will not have much effect on the county council members that proposed and then implemented the fee.

There seems to be a bit of a smoke screen on getting set up as a resident ? 
    Not easy to navigate ?
  • ron153ron153 Posts: 8 Deckhand
    I was not a fan of having to pay to launch my boat at the 4 ramps in Citrus County, but $25.00 for a season pass for county residents is a fair price.  After reading some of the previous posts concerning this subject, I signed up yesterday.  I did it on my computer after logging onto Premium Parking website.   I had read Salty Dawg 44's post covered all 3 of his trailers.  I have 2 boats, so I wasn't sure how that worked.  After logging onto their website, you create a username and password to create an account.  I followed the prompts, and it stated "your validation or parking pass is your trailer license plate number.  For your subscription, it is possible to assign up to 3 vehicles, but only one vehicle is allowed on location at a time".  There is a field to add your trailer tag number and then a link to add a second and third trailer tag number as needed.  I added my second trailer tag number, filled in my credit card information and hit pay.  I received a confirmation email saying you are ready to park at P2931 which is Ft Island Trail Park.  Now that my tag numbers are in the system, I can park at any of the other 3 ramps as the cameras are reading the tag number once you back your trailer down to launch your boat.  The confirmation email also stated you can change license plates at any time during the billing period. Also, my subscription is for 1 year 1/10/22 to 1/10/23.  As I am a county resident, I had to show proof of residency, so I took a picture of my water/sewer bill with my cell phone and texted it to [email protected]  I did that in the morning and by 1:15pm I received a text back saying, "Thank you I got it".  I hope this information helps people who need to sign up for a season pass.
  • Ruff OneRuff One HomosassaPosts: 2,204 Captain
    Good explanation. That's what I finally figured out. One thing I did was to register on the ramps I will use. Meaning I send residency for the two ramps I will use. Ramps 2930 and 2931. I got two emails back. Not sure if I had to do that but I guess it doesn't hurt.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks ron153 for the info !
  • JzyjackJzyjack Inverness, FLPosts: 2 Greenhorn
    I don't know who they represent, but the county commissioners certainly don't seem to care what their constituents want. They simply outspend all other candidates every election and continue to do as they please while thumbing their nose at the taxpayers. I'd love to know how much money this will generate and what kind of "improvements" this will fund.
  • bunkerboy222bunkerboy222 Posts: 83 Deckhand
    Hey Jack......sooner or later we all knew that we all have to pay to play. Almost a guarantee that whatever monies are collected will be "re-allocated" due to  other unforseen circumstances. Wah-wah-wah.
    I do believe that we will be hit with annual increases......according to what the County needs. Extra parking spaces......where they gonna put em ? And then if they do add spaces they will charge for daily parking. The can of worms has been opened  by our Commisioners and we all will need deep pockets!!!!!
    Honestly I am waiting for the "no Parking" signs to be put up along FIT near the ramps.I think the word is 
    REVENUE.         Just my Opinion   
    Scallop season will be a large "fund raising" event this year.
    Person on their chat said I needed an annual 25 dollar pass for each boat trailer ?
    I sent an email to clarify. Maybe they will get this streamlined but as for now, still isn't.
    UPDATE..  I spoke with "Calvin Dillard" at Premier Parking. Was told there is a 25$ annual fee "per-boat" but the county is still up in the air about whether one 25$ pass will cover more than one boat ?

A lot of us have more than one boat and as for me, I put them in fresh and salt at these ramps.
    Still no clarity...  unreal
    The receipt that they emailed to me after I paid the $25 shows that 3 of my boat trailers are covered.

Guy I spoke with said it would start when I launched ?
    He didn't seem to know much ..  I set up an account but see nowhere on website to get the pass ?
    edited January 19 #27
    He didn't seem to know much ..  I set up an account but see nowhere on website to get the pass ?
    The "pass" is your trailer license plate that will be read. Similar to a toll road reader for those without the Sun Pass decal. If the plate isn't registered on your account, you'll be billed for every launch. If your trailer plates (up to 3) are registered as a yearly paid subscriber, no charge.

• nicknick Crystal RiverPosts: 5,040 Admiral
    It’d be a shame if some kids spray painted over the cameras. 
  • xmuskyguidexmuskyguide Beautiful HomosassaPosts: 1,940 Captain
    😆
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The "pass" is your trailer license plate that will be read. Similar to a toll road reader for those without the Sun Pass decal. If the plate isn't registered on your account, you'll be billed for every launch. If your trailer plates (up to 3) are registered as a yearly paid subscriber, no charge.

I received no "invoice/confirmation" like you posted. Guess it will work ?
  • xmuskyguidexmuskyguide Beautiful HomosassaPosts: 1,940 Captain
    SNAFU.  Probably not quite FUBAR.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]