Home Boating

T Top Storage Ideas

RigPie2005RigPie2005 Posts: 98 Deckhand
My boat has a lack of storage. My life jackets are stored in the t-top above the leaning post and there is a built in box over the helm. Is there any strap on storage bag like a t-bag that I can mount on the front side of the t-top in front of the built in box? I'm mainly looking for something we can put our clothes and towels in. 

I have one large hatch up front where I keep my throwable, a duffle bag with 4 sets of snorkel/mask/fins dive flag and my cast net.

There are two small hatches in the back and one of those has my fuel water separator and power pole pump and fire extinguisher.

The other small hatch ends up being used as the trash can.

The box above the helm keeps the flair gun, air horn, some tools, wallet, and cell phones.

I'd really like to find a way to get our beach bag off of the deck without having to use one of my 2 livewells, lol.

Replies

• CaptjamesCaptjames Pompano BeachPosts: 180 Deckhand
    I've seen people use that bungee rope netting (like you see car manufacturers use for the back of SUV's). 
  • MelbourneMarkMelbourneMark Posts: 3,108 Captain
    Ive had some buddies strap the t-bag to the front of the t-top before.  Its according to how much overhand you have. 

Also, you can throw spare clothes in a large 2gallon ziploc or a small vacuum bag with the manual pump.  that helps keep stuff dryer as well.  
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 15,993 AG
    edited September 3 #4
    Captjames said:
    I've seen people use that bungee rope netting (like you see car manufacturers use for the back of SUV's). 
    That's exactly what i use but it will sag in the middle, so i took zip ties and tightened it up.  Holds all our life jackets, and i can put the pill speaker i bring up there too fits nicely.   
    if you look in the most versatile boat thread in the general fishing section i posted a picture and you can see the netting under the T top.  It's not pretty but functional
    You can't pet a dead dog back to life