Home Fly Fishing

Belize.....the Nirvana for those who love to sling feathers and fur.

It has been a while since I have posted on here, well here goes.  Back in May I decided I wanted a change of scenery for my fly fishing endeavors so I headed down to Belize for a week.  I loved it so much that I went back down in July.  First off, it actually is not that expensive....if you do not stay at a lodge, you can get a really nice condo for a week for around 1k USD, and the average cost for guides for day trips is 500 USD for a day plus tips (I used Tres Pescados in San Pedro).  If you have a Delta Sky Miles card, from south GA it only costs 88 USD with sky miles, and not that many I might add, to fly round trip to Belize City either 1st Class or Delta Comfort, and then use one of the two local airlines, I used Tropic Air, to fly out to where you want to fish...it costs roughly 160 USD round trip to San Pedro which is where I decided to stay. The first trip I rented a four bedroom house from AirB&B for roughly 1.4k USD for a week due to the fact another couple went with us.  In July I stayed at the afore mentioned condo because it was just my and my GF.  During the two different weeks I fished for 8 days.....I do not know how many bonefish I caught over those 8 days of fishing, I caught numerous baby tarpon and snook too along with a permit, which of course was the highlight of my Belize fishing.  In July we spent a good bit of time staked out for mature tarpon which were supposed to be running, but alas, no joy on them.  I can not recommend a trip to Belize too much if you love fly fishing in saltwater.  Here are a few pictures.... 

Replies