Home South General Fishing & The Outdoors

Mangrove Snapper 10/person in federal waters?

When did this happen?  Not that it does me any good since my guys went to our favorite spot this afternoon and didn't get a one.

Replies

• MangroveMarkMangroveMark Oak HillPosts: 448 Deckhand
    It's been that for a long time, nothing new. They have to be 12 inches also.
  • bowhunter4lifebowhunter4life Posts: 1,779 Captain
    10 fish, and have to be 10 inches is what I’ve known unless it’s changed?
  • bowhunter4lifebowhunter4life Posts: 1,779 Captain
    From Fwc’s website…. Just learned something. Haven’t gone after them for a while.
  • keylargo359keylargo359 PSN / KEYLARGOPosts: 1,298 Officer
    edited 12:56PM #5
    Once you get your Mangrove Snapper in Federal waters you can not stop your boat in state waters until you arrive at the boat ramp and you better be able to prove you where fishing in federal waters only and haven't fished state waters. 
    The worst day of fishing is still better than the best day of work:\
  • dragon baitdragon bait Posts: 9,858 Admiral
    Once you get your Mangrove Snapper in Federal waters you can not stop your boat in state waters until you arrive at the boat ramp and you better be able to prove you where fishing in federal waters only and haven't fished state waters. 
    It is not your job to prove you were in federal waters, it’s the job of Leo to prove you weren’t 
  • keylargo359keylargo359 PSN / KEYLARGOPosts: 1,298 Officer
    I'm sure the FWC officer will be very sympathetic to your explanation when he says tell it to the judge. you may beat the rap but you won't beat the ride.  
    The worst day of fishing is still better than the best day of work:\