Home Southeast General Fishing & The Outdoors

current conditions?

Anyone willing to share what they are seeing?  Hoping to head out this weekend with college buds from out of town.
Are there many fliers about?  Depth? Size? Etc?

Replies

• bowhunter4lifebowhunter4life Posts: 1,779 Captain
    We were off Boca and found these in 750 yesterday…. Went as far as 1600 ft, but all the better weed was in 750ft, saw less the further we went. 11 keepers and a few throw backs.
  • InstaGatorInstaGator Posts: 236 Deckhand
    Thanks for the report Bowhunter.  I have nothing to report.  I am going out tomorrow as well as it has been too long and boat needs to get used.  I hate fishing the full moon as I rarely do well but we will see.  I will post report tomorrow, heading out of PBI.

Instagator
  • JWPBJWPB West Palm BeachPosts: 259 Deckhand
    edited July 24 #4
    Wrote long post and lost it.  1 Cuda 550 off bbi late morning, one mahi 850 of sloans curve 12:30.  Mahi hit blue and white.

83.5 water most of trip.

Jupiter 29FS
  • TunachaserTunachaser LoxahatcheePosts: 268 Deckhand
    Fished Monday, offshore out to 500 and never found the Phins. Live baited the edge off PBI and it was a Bomber Bonita fest with the Bullsharks not gar behind. Fished again Tuesday off of Jup out to 700 and again no phins. Live baited 150ish just N of Jup and got 2 Sails and a bunch of Bombers again. Good luck.
  • JWPBJWPB West Palm BeachPosts: 259 Deckhand
    I was off BBI today.  First time in months.  Lots of weed, fair slicks and weed lines.  No flyers and not a lot of bait nor birds on weed. 

Cuda hit in 550 and decent fight, thought it could have been small wahoo but was not.  

Cleaner blue water in past 800 feet and 25 inch cow there.  4-5mph current past 800, did not notice it inside there.  Water stayed around 83.5 most of trip.

Up at 5:30, cleared inlet at 10:15 and back inside around 1:30.   Mahi hit around 12:30 pm, blue and white skirt artificial.

Cuda hit large pink/purple artificial.  Both on flat
    Jupiter 29FS
  • AftershockAftershock Posts: 225 Deckhand
    Look what you started bmoody - an actual thread of reports!  As a result,  I feel compelled to share also from the Stuart area.
    Went out on Saturday early with my son visiting from Orlando.  Picked up plenty of bait at Bullshark - greenies, small runners and sardines.  Tried to do a full moon troll for wahoo at push button but the weeds were bad.  We put some live baits out instead and made about 5 drifts.  Got a small BF, 18 lb AJ and a bonita.  Pulled hooks on a couple other strong fish.  Nice morning not too hot with a solid NW breeze.
    Thanks for all the reports!