Home Egret Boats

Egret Owners Groups?

RichieUFRichieUF Posts: 24 Deckhand
We have a 2011 coming soon that Frank sent me a few pics of yesterday evening.  The thing is going to be bad **** and I can't wait to run it.  Frank said it should have a water test next week and then if its all good it should be delivered the next week or so.   

We have always been Maverick owners and still will have one as well.   Are there any FB groups or other owners groups that I can join for Egret?  I have not been able to find much in the area of groups, owners tournaments, or meet ups.     MBG had quite a bit of this.

Also where does everyone get there shirts, hats and all that stuff at?    There is really not much of an offering on the Egret website and was hoping that maybe some of you may have found other vendors or something.

Looking forward to joining the club in a few weeks.

Thanks,

Richie

Replies

• 18Egret18Egret Posts: 31 Deckhand
    I don't think that exist. If it did you'd have to get rid of the Maverick before we would let you in. I'm surprised Frank sold you boat knowing that you're keeping the Maverick. In fact, if you send me your address I'll mail you a FOR SALE sign B) . Trust me unless it's a technical poling skiff you'll never use it after you get the Egret.

All in good fun, congrats on your new boat! ...Pete
  • RichieUFRichieUF Posts: 24 Deckhand
    Ha!  The one we sold was a 21 MA to move to the the 2011 Egret.   From what I hear we are going to be very impressed with the 2011.  I still have never been in an Egret so buying this boat is strictly from reviews that EVERYONE has given.   I have always liked the look of them though and it was not much of decision between the new Redfish 21, Yellowfin 21, or the Egret 2011.   I have no doubt we made the right choice.

The one we are keeping is a 17 HPX-T.   I don't think I will ever sell that boat.  I have a hard time believing there is a better technical skiff out there.   It does not take much of a chop to get the hell beat out of you, but as for running super skinny and getting into negative tide holes its pretty hard to beat.   

Once the 2011 gets here Ill maybe tool around with setting up a FB group for egret owners.   Believe it or not a lot of good information gets passed around in the MBG one.   Would be great to gain some knowledge from the other Egret owners out there and have a place for discussing topics as well as making some new friends.

Richie

I remember a conversation I had with a potential buyer for a 18 Egret back when the factory was in Miami, FL. After the sea trial he said that the 18 Egret road very similar to his 21MA. Now, many years later...I was at a Egret owners tournament where I had the opportunity to go for a ride on a 21 Egret. Based on my experience on a 18 Egret. I was was very impressed with the boat and I'm sure you will too. 

Have Frank send you some photos of your build and post them here for everyone to see. Welcome to the family...Pete    
    Pictures were few and far between.  I am sure like every other manufacturer Frank and the team are swamped with builds.  Here are the ones he sent and it’s almost complete.  Looks kinda silly on the little single axle trailer.  We had an Ameritrail dual axle built and it’s already here just waiting on Frank to ship the boat down now.   I would think it will be here next week.  

I don't think my WOT top speed will be close to your cruising speed:) 

In case you haven't figured it out yet....You're not going to be able to sleep the night before you get it!
  • BK922BK922 Posts: 72 Deckhand
    I am constantly looking for a fb group for my egret 189 or website/messageboard. I think it's a great idea and I'd be happy to help with what I can. Mine is a Florida built 1997 and I always have ?s about little things, and this forum doesn't seem to be viewed as much as it used to. 
    <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    We just got ours.  I look into possibly starting one on FB and see where it goes.   
    BK922 said:
    I am constantly looking for a fb group for my egret 189 or website/messageboard. I think it's a great idea and I'd be happy to help with what I can. Mine is a Florida built 1997 and I always have ?s about little things, and this forum doesn't seem to be viewed as much as it used to. 
    What's your question?
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/352468963144520/people

Ok I just started up a group on facebook with the link above.   You can also search Egret Boat Owners Group and find it.   It will probably take a while to get off the ground, but the more people who join it and begin to post the faster that will happen.   Hopefully it turns into a fun group who are interested in showing off pictures of their boats, ask and answer questions regarding Egret boats, and give people a forum for selling their boats or related products.   I am new starting a group so if anyone wants to join the page and then send me a message I would be happy to make them an administrator as well.