Skip to main content
Home Tropics

MMSI

DoubleRinger31JupDoubleRinger31Jup West Palm BeachPosts: 1 Greenhorn
Hello,
Been a while since I been on here! had the reset everything and start fresh. I was wondering if anyone knew how to get a MMSI number? I see some easy ways to get one for the US but not international? my old VHF did not have the option so I have never needed one. No that I replaced and have the ability to have I wanted to set it up. we own property in the Abacos and spend a lot of time running the boat back and forth and figure if I have the option for it I may as well set it up? thoughts? does anyone else go thru the motions to set up? thanks for any assistance.

Replies

• cortrcortr Posts: 523 Officer
    The NOAA registration service will ask for your MMSI, while the MMSI registration serivce will ask for your EPIRB code. To resolve this Catch-22, we recommend that you go to the NOAA web site first and register your EPIRB, then complete the form on this web site to receive a MMSI. Ultimately, it is the mariner's responsibility to assure that both numbers are filed with the correct authorities, and we highly encourage that you cross-register your numbers on both databases.