Home Southwest General Fishing & The Outdoors

Best Party Boat in Ft. Myers/Sanibel Area

Hello Gents,

I will be going to Sanibel this coming weekend. I'd like to try for some offshore fishing , but I am on a budget.

Can any of you all recommend a Party Boat in that area which might yield some nice snapper/grouper out in the Gulf? I am willing to drive a bit if need be. Thank you all in advance for any tips!

Replies

• JCrove06JCrove06 Posts: 70 Deckhand
    So far this is the only party boat I see in the vicinity. Has anyone fished it? Is there a better option in the Fort Myers area or close by? Thank you all in advance....

https://www.capttonys.com/night_fishing_trip.html

• Seair1Seair1 Posts: 19 Deckhand
    I have fished on the Capt. Tony twice, once in the day and once on the night snapper trip. the boat is slow as are most head boats and the ride to the fishing grounds took about an hour and a half both times. mosh of the fish caught were small snappers with an occasional short grouper mixed in. I personally will not do either of those trips again. That said you really don't have much choice in that area if your looking to go on a party boat.
  • Kayak_PeteKayak_Pete Posts: 113 Deckhand
    I strongly suggest you Google Captain Tony's Fishing Adventures, look at the reviews, make up your own mind.
    2014 Hobie Sport
  • JCrove06JCrove06 Posts: 70 Deckhand
    Thank you all for the feedback. I see the reviews on Yelp. It looks like a good amount of barely legals and grunts. I think I’ll skip it this go around. 
    That was my decision a few years back as well.
    2014 Hobie Sport
  • bigfinn35bigfinn35 Sarasota/VenicePosts: 874 Officer
    Lots more options if you're willing to drive north an hour or three. Heard good things about the Miss Venice and Reef Raider in Venice and Englewood. Always And Forever Charters in Englewood also still does partyboat pricing on some trips I think, you'll have to check for pricing. There's also the Flying Fish in Sarasota but I don't know much about them. Hubbard's Marina is an option too if you can make a longer drive.
    Paddle faster, I hear banjo music.
    I've been on the Flying Fish several years back with Capt Dirty T-Shirt.  Never again.
    2014 Hobie Sport
  • bigfinn35bigfinn35 Sarasota/VenicePosts: 874 Officer
    I've been on the Flying Fish several years back with Capt Dirty T-Shirt.  Never again.
    Yeah, checked out their website and it looks pretty suspect. Only 8 hr-trips that focus on grunts and seabass. No thank you.
    Paddle faster, I hear banjo music.
  • John McKroidJohn McKroid Posts: 3,079 Captain
    The farther out you go the less fished the area, and the better your chances for good fishing.  Some friends of mine chartered the Sea Trek, they had bad weather, but the Dry Tortugas trip they made caught lots of fish regardless.  They thought the crew was very helpful, but the boat was not the most comfortable.
    JCrove06 said:
    Thank you all for the feedback. I see the reviews on Yelp. It looks like a good amount of barely legals and grunts. I think I’ll skip it this go around. 
    If you get a chance to go farther south, Marathon Lady is the best boat I've been on, get good reviews, catch a wider variety of fish.  Party boats aren't really a favorite of mine, but ML has always provided me with a Yellow Tail dinner, cooked right next door at Fish Tales.  You don't even have to move your car.
    Hope you found something to do in FM/Sanibel.

2014 Hobie Sport