Home East Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

Got on a sick trout bite other day

bcnucsbcnucs Ponce Inlet, FlPosts: 131 Deckhand
Loaded up and went south to the Lagoon and caught a few croakers and headed down to some flats.   It was petty sick bite and we caught 9 trout in 22 minutes.  Been a while since I have trout fished like that and it was a blast!  Here is the video of anyone wants to check it out!

Replies

• saltybumsaltybum Posts: 1,664 Captain
    I know someone who got cancer and were SICK but it wasn't a blast.
    Stupid use of that word. Who started that anyway? Certainly not your English teacher in school.
  • bcnucsbcnucs Ponce Inlet, FlPosts: 131 Deckhand
    Sorry about your friend, and I’m sorry if every day slang offends you.  But this is not an English class buddy, it is a fishing forum.  So quit hating and go catch some fish !  Tight lines!
  • MissedMissed O-townPosts: 558 Officer
    saltybum said:
    I know someone who got cancer and were SICK but it wasn't a blast.
    Stupid use of that word. Who started that anyway? Certainly not your English teacher in school.
    It's a click bait kind of thing - 9 trout in 22 minutes is good but not up for any of the slang adjectives folks use these days.  He's amusing and pretty well mannered.
    No not really click bait.  I thought it was a pretty good bite myself.  I’m sure there are many people much better.  Thought I was pretty accurate with everything and showing every detail.  No worries I know u can’t make everybody happy and everybody is entitled to their opinion so no worries.  Love these memories and have fun making videos with the kids.  I make nothing from the videos just like sharing and showing people and it’s kind of cool to meet most of the people.  Tight lines and we will be starting a fishing meeting here soon in New Smyrna and would love for you guys to come out a face with the names!
  • guido4198guido4198 Posts: 2,256 Captain
    GEEEZZZusss....and people wonder why participation on this forum has fallen off so badly...???
    A guy posts a report of a good catch and the FIRST response jumps on his grammar.
    That'll keep'em coming back.
    (Was my use of contractions acceptable..??)

• bluewater_feverbluewater_fever Posts: 184 Deckhand
    Cool video. I know it takes a lot to time to edit and generate a video like that.

We don't get many trout anymore in my area...SI/Grant/Melbourne. Nice to see someone catching them. Before the algae blooms started, we would catch countless trout. Big ones too. Now days I feel lucky to catch one.

guido4198 said:
    GEEEZZZusss....and people wonder why participation on this forum has fallen off so badly...???
    A guy posts a report of a good catch and the FIRST response jumps on his grammar.

LOL!  Very true.  Gotta get more people involved here!  
    Cool video. I know it takes a lot to time to edit and generate a video like that.

We don't get many trout anymore in my area...SI/Grant/Melbourne. Nice to see someone catching them. Before the algae blooms started, we would catch countless trout. Big ones too. Now days I feel lucky to catch one.

Yeah I actually live in Port Orange and fish oyster bars.  We used to get 8-10 lb trout regularly but has been pretty tough last couple years.  I think they are getting too much pressure.  Or I am just losing my touch lol 
  • guido4198guido4198 Posts: 2,256 Captain

That’s the same area I fish out of my kayak and it’s definitely fallen off from just a few years ago. When the water is clear in the shallow area I’m paddling through... the bottom looks like a desert. No life, no grass. 
  • jt904jt904 Central FloridaPosts: 121 Deckhand
    at least @saltybum gave himself an appropriate user name... 
    176 Key West Stealth 
  • MissedMissed O-townPosts: 558 Officer
    edited June 4 #12
    guido4198 said:

The forums failed when the fun people got kicked off by people with their panties in a wad.  Was really a hopping place, but went poof for whatever reason.  I joined in 97 or 98, on my 3rd name cause they do updates and delete folk's names.  

Seems like most forums are fading - best place to get a fishing report is Daytona Newspaper these days.  Is what it is.  

Many of the posts we see these days are videos.  Nothing wrong w that, I don't watch em - don't have time cause I work too much and a 5 minute video takes 5 minutes.

Sick, Epic, plug in whatever adjective you want to try and garner attention.  Then watch a video.  Some do it for love and others for money - B says he does it with his kids and that's great.  I didn't watch the video, hope his kids had a ball with the trout catching.  Not much better than putting kids on fish.  Especially little kids.

B - you gotta go again when the pigfish are about 4 inches long.  Lotsa big trout get caught on those.  Fish em under a cork, about 12 inches up from bottom.