Home Southeast General Fishing & The Outdoors

Not a single post.,,,

pottydocpottydoc Port Saint JoePosts: 4,697 Captain
Since yesterday. This section is a sad shell of itself. 

Replies

• xeniaxenia Posts: 972 Officer
    Agree.  I was incapacitated, firs with Covid, then hernia repair surgery which I'm still recovering from, but I'm sure others have been out.  I hope to be out soon for birds, then fishing next week if weather permits.
  • Aquaholic IVAquaholic IV Posts: 923 Officer
    Okay guys....you just shamed me and I posted today's embarrassing report.  
  • hhfishermanhhfisherman Posts: 173 Deckhand
    It had been windy the last couple of weeks. I don't think lot of people went out
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 15,117 AG
    It had been windy the last couple of weeks. I don't think lot of people went out
    I keep an eye on Deerfield pier webcam every day and it's been looking like hammered doodoo out there lately.  ESE winds kicking it up a lot.    
    Yesterday's memories are not today's reality
  • MissedMissed O-townPosts: 457 Deckhand
    I think folks are out hammering the fish and don't want anyone else to know.  Check facebook!  LOL!
  • PolarPolar Lake WorthPosts: 22,485 AG
    pottydoc said:
    you still fish? 
  • FrydaddyFrydaddy Boynton BeachPosts: 658 Officer
    fished yesterday out of boynton from 4to8pm. 2 phins in 750 no weed around and one in 175 the came unglued at the boat. seas 2-4 strong north current 
  • LobsterLegsLobsterLegs Posts: 43 Deckhand
    To busy fishing. The fin bite ,out of Boynton, has been great the past 3 days.
  • pottydocpottydoc Port Saint JoePosts: 4,697 Captain
    edited May 27 #10
    Polar said:
    pottydoc said:
    you still fish? 
    Probably considerably more than most here. The boat ramp is literally 4 minutes from my house. My boat stays hooked to my personal truck most of the time. I got a whole 10 minute (probably less) run before I start hunting tailing reds. I’m working 4-10’s, Tuesday through Friday, so I rarely miss fishing on Mondays, and with us being right on the line of eastern/central time, I can work until 5:30, throw a few rods in the boat, and fish until 8:00 or so before dark. I can easily think of 8 times I’ve been in the last 12-14 days. When was your last trip? 
  • HAIR-LARIOUSHAIR-LARIOUS Posts: 201 Deckhand
    It’s been red hot out front kings wahoo dorado sails . Small tuna 
  • brianbbrianb Posts: 2,440 Captain
    This has been the story for like 5 years, repeated over and over. This forum only exists for FS to get more ad clicks and it's obvious. . 
    edited May 29 #13
    I gotta agree with you Brian. The NW section is about the only one that does anything now, except Off Topic. 
  • John McKroidJohn McKroid Posts: 3,079 Captain
    Off topic keeps this forum alive.  I post when I fish, but the younger generations want it faster..... like instagram.
    Agree with off topic. But a big part of this forum being what it now is, was the amount of donkey south ends that were here for a while. Some still are. 
  • Jstubby2Jstubby2 Posts: 278 Deckhand
    I agree, I have been monitoring this web site for 20+ years, started out in big bend, used to be a bunch of good guys & gals posting all the time. Lots of good fun, lots of good info, lots of ribbing & ball busting. No bodys feelings got hurt & all had a good time. Fishing Rod, Maggot & the crew had a lot of good times and picking sessions at the gulf hammock gun club. Flash got me over to photography corner with his lens skills. This has been part of my morning ritual for a long time now. Lots of folks still monitor but just don't post anymore. There are to many people with an agenda & panties in a wad to make it worth their time. I just recently started posting.  I have been out of work since February with back problems had surgery about 6 weeks ago & will be returning to work soon, another words I've had a lot of spare time on my hands. Too be honest I just didn't want to stick my neck out for someone to chop off. Some folks on here need to learn how to suck it up & admit when your wrong & keep moving, there are several of you that are carrying a grudge for one reason or another. To quote the immortal Rodney King ( can't we all just get along ), sorry for the long winded post but I'm still tending the grill & sipping on a cold one. Off topic IS the only thing keeping this site alive let's try not to F it up!
    Also Ferris is more than tolerent of a few of you who continue to push the limits in off topic. If your guy won roll with it, if your guy lost there's another election coming up.
  • guido4198guido4198 Posts: 2,256 Captain
    Sadly...I have to agree with the earlier posts pointing out the fading participation here. This USED TO BE the preeminent  place for active recreational fisherman in our area to check in for information on the "bite", sea conditions, etc., and to proudly post up detailed reports. Illness in my family took me off the water for the last few years but I would still "check-in" here to see what was going on, and try to keep up. As time passed, that became less and less interesting as there were fewer and fewer actual reports. You could see things changing. What I noticed was individual reports from part-time recreational folks (like myself) were becoming less common with reports from commercial charter captains were showing up along with "cheerleading posts" tacked onto those threads that were in reality just commercials for their charter services. I'm getting back on the water and I don't know where to go for real-life recreational fishing reports these days ( not commercials for charter services). I don't use Facebook but that might be the only way to re-connect with legitimate recreational sportsmen. Any suggestions ?? This certainly isn't it any longer. 
  • Aquaholic IVAquaholic IV Posts: 923 Officer
    guido4198 said:
    Sadly...I have to agree with the earlier posts pointing out the fading participation here. This USED TO BE the preeminent  place for active recreational fisherman in our area to check in for information on the "bite", sea conditions, etc., and to proudly post up detailed reports. Illness in my family took me off the water for the last few years but I would still "check-in" here to see what was going on, and try to keep up. As time passed, that became less and less interesting as there were fewer and fewer actual reports. You could see things changing. What I noticed was individual reports from part-time recreational folks (like myself) were becoming less common with reports from commercial charter captains were showing up along with "cheerleading posts" tacked onto those threads that were in reality just commercials for their charter services. I'm getting back on the water and I don't know where to go for real-life recreational fishing reports these days ( not commercials for charter services). I don't use Facebook but that might be the only way to re-connect with legitimate recreational sportsmen. Any suggestions ?? This certainly isn't it any longer. 
    Just curious, what area are you from?  If you are in the Stuart/Jensen Beach area, you might consider visiting the Stuart Rod and Reel Club.  We have our own web page (stuartrodandreel.com) and also a public Facebook Page and then a member's only Facebook Page.  We meet the second Thursday of the month except August at Pirate's Cove at 6:00 p.m.  We have a guest speaker every month and raffle with a fishing rod every month.  You don't have to be a member to attend although must bring $20.00 CASH for an all inclusive meal, entree/side/soft drinks/tax/tip.  
    Jstubby2 said:
    Also Ferris is more than tolerent of a few of you who continue to push the limits in off topic. If your guy won roll with it, if your guy lost there's another election coming up.
    There’s not much of that going on. Only 2-3 guys doing it for the most part, and Ferris shuts them down pretty quick. Getting rid of the political section is about the only real positive thing that’s been done in
    a long time. 

Life's full of politics, you can't get away from it & everyone is intitled to there opinion. That's what makes this a great country, you can speak your mind without any filter. Of course we all try to use good judgment depending on the person or persons receiving the input. But after all this is a fishing, boating & hunting forum for the most part & off topic has become the most active area, that doesn't really make sense? I would like to see more activity in the regional sections. I fish the big bend area from crystal river to stienhattche. I have picked up a lot of good info over the years from folks in this area but never tried to steal anyone's spots or ask for specifics. It got to the point where people wouldn't post pictures on the water because next time out there would be people sitting on that spot. There where actually people following the succesfull guys around & pluging their #'s in as they whent by. Some really knowledgeable people have been driven away from this site by rude people with a personal vendetta. I grew up in S. FL. & left that area because of A holes with no respect for anyone, fights at boat ramps, people getting shot for cutting someone off in traffic ... There's a lot of water out there be respectfull & lend a hand when needed.
  • GeneakersGeneakers West Palm BeachPosts: 282 Deckhand
    Water has been rough and boat is at the mechanic getting service for upcoming summer..

Last time out for me and my grp was 3 weeks ago,, couple BF's (10-15lb range), 1 25;b'ish AJ, several bonito, and 22lb king... all on slow pitch jigs.

Last month has been nasty wind, SE 4-6 footers with NE 3' swells = no fun to me,,, Last weekend was wife's family reunion, and I had no desire to be out over the Holiday weekend with a bunch of people who shouldn't be running a boat on a slow day..

Altho there was a 120lb+ bigeye caught on Lady K head boat here a week ago,, 

• guido4198guido4198 Posts: 2,256 Captain
    edited June 2 #23
    Thanks Aquaholic. I’m in Sebastian and run out of Ft Pierce inlet about 90% of the time. I’m going to have to look at Facebook I imagine. 
    I broke a cardinal rule and went offshore on Memorial Day weekend. It was the only time the one guy I generally fish with could get off recently and with sea conditions looking so good ( and they were..! ) I decided to go for it. Launching isn’t typically a problem as I’m at the ramps a little before daylight and it’s been my observation over the years that folks launching at that time of day usually know what they’re doing so things go pretty smoothly. Recovering in the afternoon is a challenge, but we got through it with patience and a spirit of kindness towards all the googans trying to enjoy the day, just like we were.
    Fishing report is short and not too sweet.
    trolled out to 300 and never got a knock down. Beautiful day though. 😁
  • bmoodybmoody Posts: 993 Officer
    pottydoc said:
    You speak the truth.  Are the old jokes even funny anymore?
    Is it easy to fish for reds from a pontoon boat? :)
  • BarrellBarrell Posts: 1,291 Officer
    edited June 10 #25
     I havent had any impressive catches. Lots of small snapper, trigger fish and kings and occasional grouper or Cobia. I didnt think anyone wants to see pictures of average fish.