Skip to main content
Home Northwest General Fishing & The Outdoors

Dads looking bad

2»

Replies

• ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 20,663 Moderator
    TheMelMan said:
    What a great section NW is to have so many praying for a member and their family.  Proud of you all.  
    Ken, Recheck your PSA in a month to make sure it goes back to normal...........
    If I had my way I’ld be moving up there and living amongst you all now. My wife wants to stay in South Florida for now because her family is here so I will appease her for a while but God willing if I’m still live in 10 years I wanna sell my house  and buy a shack in the woods somewhere in your area. That is if you’ll let a conch in the country. 😉
    Conchy, you'd fit right in in in Gulf County. 

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 20,663 Moderator
    Dad was rushed back to the hospital from the rehab center this afternoon. He didn’t sound right on the phone so my wife went there to check on him in person after calling to have them pay close attention to him several times. As she pulled up they were loading him into the ambulance. He is having spasms that are wrenching his entire body. It started with a tightness in his chest. So far not stroke or heart. They continue to test and my family continues to pray. We want to get him home so we can pay “family attention “ to him. It will be better. 

I got so many doctors to “follow up” with its making my head spin. Infectious disease doc, kidney doc, prostrate doc, heart doc and two more besides my family doc that I don’t even know what they do. Crazy. Wish they were all in the same building. 

They all are telling me I pushed it to the limit this time and I’m lucky to be here right now. My family doc is a friend and he is so upset that he was actually swearing at me. I guess it’s time to start watching it better. 

But. The old Eagles song “Take it to the limit” always was one of my favorites. ☹️

Thank you all for kind your thoughts and prayers. God bless you all. 
    Ken, you can't take care of your family if you don't take care of yourself. Listen to the Doctors. We've got you and your family in our thoughts.

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 14,955 AG

I hear ya Ken.... Like said, take care of yourself. We let things slip while caring for others. Continued prayers for all of you.

Never hit post on this...…

I continue to pray that your dad will get better and you too Ken. Also praying for comfort and support.

Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • illinoisfishermanillinoisfisherman Posts: 5,435 Admiral
    Dad is stabilized. They still don’t know what it is. Spasms are less often and less severe. Thanks to everyone 
  • pottydocpottydoc Port Saint JoePosts: 5,250 Admiral
    TheMelMan said:
    What a great section NW is to have so many praying for a member and their family.  Proud of you all.  
    Ken, Recheck your PSA in a month to make sure it goes back to normal...........
    If I had my way I’ld be moving up there and living amongst you all now. My wife wants to stay in South Florida for now because her family is here so I will appease her for a while but God willing if I’m still live in 10 years I wanna sell my house  and buy a shack in the woods somewhere in your area. That is if you’ll let a conch in the country. 😉
    Come on up Conchy. Stop by Groveland and grab Soda on the way. 
  • micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 14,955 AG
    Still praying for your dad and you and the family Ken. Hang in there man. Lean on Him, harder than ever...
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes