Skip to main content
Home Northeast (3 Forums) Northeast Fishing Reports

Amelia Island Bulls 5/8/21

BossVossBossVoss Fernadina BeachPosts: 44 Deckhand
Old friend and his son reached out to me to take them out, and put them on the fish. I told them if you supply the boat I will supply the rest and run the trip like a charter. Started the morning off in the cumberland sound dropping half blue crabs and whiting chunks on  bottom.Three 2'-4' Atlantic sharpnose, and a mess of whiting on the last of incoming/first of outgoing. Once current got to strong to fish decided to move up river to some deep holes and structure. Dropped quater and half blue crabs near a 40'-45' ledge that runs up to 20'-25'. 10mins in we had a first bite, and it was non-stop action from there on out. 33'' red, 32''red, 35'' red, where the first three that my friend and his son got. Then, they told me I had next fish which turned out to be a 38'' bull red. After that, the last bite of the trip before we had to go was a 42'' stud bull red. Was a great way to end the trip with dad earning the bragging rights. Always good to leave them biting. My friends were happy, and I lived up to my reputation  :D. Not bad for first time charter.

Replies