Drydene 400
Dover International Speedway
2:00pm/et, Sunday, May 16
(Stage: 120/240/400 = 400 miles)
TV: FS1
Radio: MRN, SiriusXM
No practice or qualifying

Standings:
GOOGLE:  Helping Totalitarian Governments Control their populations with Surveillance,  Suppression of information, speech and ideas, now bringing Totalitarian ideas to the US.   Thanks but no thanks!

Replies

• trout069trout069 Posts: 5,360 Admiral
  • JKPJKP Posts: 3,211 Captain
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 13,743 Moderator
    The 9, the 1, the 5, the 48 and the 18.

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• StumpwaterStumpwater Posts: 401 Deckhand
    I'm going to try Mel's new plate track rule.

18, 19, 20, 21, 22
  • swampdogswampdog Central FloridaPosts: 2,507 Captain
    12 - 11 - 9 - 2 - 48
  • SloughSlough S.w. Ga./ St. JamesPosts: 5,555 Admiral
    2, 4, 12, 21, 22
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you
  • TheMelManTheMelMan SoWeGAPosts: 598 Officer
    GOOGLE:  Helping Totalitarian Governments Control their populations with Surveillance,  Suppression of information, speech and ideas, now bringing Totalitarian ideas to the US.   Thanks but no thanks!
    What do ya'll think about the 5 having the best Hendrix car every week?   They must have had to promise Larson the best car to get him to sign with them is my theory..........................
  • swampdogswampdog Central FloridaPosts: 2,507 Captain
    Or has he just caught lightning in a bottle as can happen?  Anything is possible. I remember when the IROC identically prepared Camaros were raced, occasionally they didn’t appear to be identical...
  • JKPJKP Posts: 3,211 Captain
    TheMelMan said:
    What do ya'll think about the 5 having the best Hendrix car every week?   They must have had to promise Larson the best car to get him to sign with them is my theory..........................
    I think he's the best driver. Always had somewhat inferior cars in the past and now that's he has top tier stuff it shows. 
    TheMelMan said:
    Absurd theory.....

I think I am getting a feel for why.................your name , that is.  You don't know a dentist named Chip Edwards down there do you?
  • Nick NikonNick Nikon Posts: 3,767 Captain

11, 18, 19, 22, 48 ...
    Negative ghostrider....
    You should get in the game.   Make 5 picks, one out of the top 12 in points and let's see how it goes.........you get whatever your cars place in numbers and lowest total wins.  Can't have same cars as someone who has already picked.  
    1 thru 5 counting the 1 car. All Hendrick power.

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

I have a framed glossy the last time HR ran 1-4 at Talladega.

Hardly for the win.

I felt really confident about today. 

Going to get this framed, and signed.

Will replace the other.

I believe they just said this is the first time Hendrick has done so.

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

Ouch!

Having the winner, the 5th and 7th place did me no good.

The other two were a total of eight laps down at the finish.
    Hendrix kicking **** and taking names!!   I thought it was going to be a Gibbs day..........pleasant surprise. 
    On a Hendrix day to remember Trout comes in strong with a 30 to win!!  Swamp makes a good showing for 2nd with a 39.  

Trout      30
    Swamp   39
    JKP        43
    Ferris      46
    Nick         56
    Mel         56
    Slough    63
    Stump     96

Standings:
    Stump        3 1/2
    Nick            3
     Mel            3
    JKP            2
    Trout          3
    Slough       2
    Swamp       2
    Ferris          1
    I was thinking about a rule change , tell me what you think.  If your pick's car number matches their finish number, you get 5 points off your score.   Today 5 contestants would have had deductions due to the 19 and the 12.  Would not have changed the outcome however.........
  • StumpwaterStumpwater Posts: 401 Deckhand
    edited May 17 #21
    Dude,
    Your math is giving me a headache at this time of night. Maybe in the light I day I will be able to better understand. I also don't understand where the "hatesme" quotes are coming from, did I miss a different conversation?

And, by the way, the plate track rules obviously didn't work out on a one mile track. Who knew that the 18 would be the weakest link in the chain?
    I have a framed glossy the last time HR ran 1-4 at Talladega.

Hardly for the win.

I felt really confident about today. 

Going to get this framed, and signed.

Will replace the other.

I believe they just said this is the first time Hendrick has done so.

"It has been a rare occurrence, happening only twice in NASCAR’s modern era. With Hendrick’s “Monster Mile” mash still fresh, here’s a breakdown of the 1-2-3-4 team finishes through the record books in NASCAR’s top division."

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2021/05/16/cup-series-history-top-four-team-sweeps/

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

And, by the way, the plate track rules obviously didn't work out on a one mile track. Who knew that the 18 would be the weakest link in the chain?

Indeed ... what a downer for one of the best short-track drivers.
    Dude,
    Your math is giving me a headache at this time of night. Maybe in the light I day I will be able to better understand. I also don't understand where the "hatesme" quotes are coming from, did I miss a different conversation?

Yeah, the plate track rule IS for plate tracks but it could have worked for you at Dover if the 18, and 19 had come anywhere near their expected outcomes............you can never tell.  Maybe you should let it ride in the road race....

The Hatesme guy showed up for a while and then disappeared.  Don't know if he had help or just ran off.   He seemed like quite the yarn spinner to me............
  • trout069trout069 Posts: 5,360 Admiral
    He was just a troll. At least I picked the top 3. When I saw the 22 in the back, well y’all know.