Home General Paddle Craft

Snook on oyster flats

JW_YakAnglerJW_YakAngler NaplesPosts: 289 Deckhand
This is from a couple weeks ago, I've been laid up with lower back pain. My chiropractor got me walking again, but not ready to pedal yet. I imagine the bait situation is getting better on Estero Bay by now.

My YouTube channel: JakeW KayakFishing

Replies

• John McKroidJohn McKroid Posts: 3,115 Captain
    Looks like it was a fun trip -- nice snook.  I hope your back gets better soon;
    Cheers.
  • Kayak_PeteKayak_Pete Posts: 119 Deckhand
    Thanks for sharing.  I can empathize with your back; I've been laid up since November with mine -- chiropractor, shot in the spine, meds, PT.  I have to set my alarm in the middle of the night to get up and stretch.  If I don't, I can't get out of bed later.
    I've never fished Estero and can't wait to get out there!!
    2014 Hobie Sport
  • krashkrash Posts: 741 Officer
    JW, nice report. except the back. 
    I been laid up, well locked down actually was getting around very well for a while, for close to 2 years now. Yes its been 2 years since my last paddling adventure but the heart is good now and I was about to make my return. But then the unlikely happened and my old knee has whacked out on me, going to see an ortho asap, next thursday.. 
    Hang in there dude.
    Old Fugger who just likes to fish
    ****, when did kayaking get to be such an old guy's sport?
    The other day I counted up my daily and infrequent pains -- 18.
    2014 Hobie Sport
    krash said:
     I was about to make my return. But then the unlikely happened and my old knee has whacked out on me, going to see an ortho asap, next thursday.. 
    Hang in there dude.
    Wow, sorry to hear this.  Getting old sucks.  One thing that I have noticed is that my body can't take as much junk food as it could when I was younger.  For instance, if I eat a big portion of ham, I start getting pain in my joints
    (gout).  I have found that Glucosamine and Chondroitin tablets work wonders for joints after a long session of vertical jigging and pedaling my kayak.   So much of the food in the grocery stores are loaded with cheap ingredients that cause inflammation.  My wife is super sensitive to the wrong foods and gets migraines if she eats bad stuff.  She shops at whole foods(paycheck).  I grump about the cost but have noticed when I stray off the quality ingredients, I start feeling congested and sick.  I hope you heal fast.
  • Alex from GAAlex from GA Posts: 1,592 Captain
    I don't kayak with the big guys but use mine in small rivers and haven't been able to paddle for a few months due to shoulder pain.  I know about peddle kayaks but 2" of water isn't a place for those.  Having a shoulder replacement in a couple of weeks then back at it.
  • krashkrash Posts: 741 Officer
    Ortho -Knee yesterday, so far not as bad a I thought it might be, drained it, lubricated it, and showed me a stretching exercis to do 15 reps 4 times a day, it hurts like hell and he said most people don't do them and the problem would not go away. Knee doc so do not wear a compression sleeve and the heart transplant team took away my Glucosamine with Chondroitin before the transplant. Old does suck in more ways than one.

Alex I kayak, canoe, sup on very skinny flats usually a paddle doen not work well and I pole it, also so a pedal kayak would not work, besides that would aggravate my knee, riding a bicycle it clicks, pop's, and hurts like hell.

Old Fugger who just likes to fish
    krash said:
    Ortho -Knee yesterday, so far not as bad a I thought it might be, drained it, lubricated it, and showed me a stretching exercis to do 15 reps 4 times a day, it hurts like hell and he said most people don't do them and the problem would not go away. Knee doc so do not wear a compression sleeve and the heart transplant team took away my Glucosamine with Chondroitin before the transplant. Old does suck in more ways than one.

Glad to hear so far not bad.  I wonder why they took away the Glucosamine with Chondroitin before the transplant?   Keep on healing......
    There's balance in the universe.  This pm I went kayaking for the first time since November.  Yesterday was a very bad day, but today I felt great.  Wasn't sure if I could get in or get out, but it was no problem.  Didn't catch a **** thing though.
    I'm pretty darned sure the pandemic is indirectly responsible.  Life is gud.
    2014 Hobie Sport