Best boat size for the Keys
My boat is a 32' (cc 32'-10" x 9'-10") & 3x axle trailer.
1. Dedicated tow vehicle. Min 2500 -3500
2. Total weight with tow vehicle 20,300# with 200 gallons of gas
3. Total tow length is about 65'
4. Height is an issue on some secondary roadways (Power lines)
5. Turning radius is an issue
6. Gas station access is an issue
7. Trailer parking is a major issue.
8. Ramp access is a major issue.
9. Plenty of ramps in the lower keys for smaller boat/trailer combos but not for the larger boats.
10. Very hard to turn in/out a retail shopping center, food etc. Must plan everything ahead.
I think the best sized boat for the keys is probably a 25' cc.