Home Ten Thousand Islands General Fishing & The Outdoors

Great Guide Help! Capt. Larry Birt

I posted an issue in the General Fishing Forum regarding my engine blowing up..........While deciding to use the trolling motor to go 6 miles, I flagged down a boat and asked for a tow. Captain Larry Birt towed me to Caxambas Marina WITHOUT HESTITATION, even with 2 customers. MANY Thanks to Capt. Larry.  He did leave me with a suggestion I certainly will take:  "Pay it back if someone ever needs the help given today". I've never fished with him but do remember seeing his boat a few times. It's people like him that turn bad days into good ones.
Polar 1900 Yamaha 115

Replies

• 10kman10kman Posts: 796 Officer
      A commercial guide is REQUIRED to help and assist stranded boaters
    when he is issued a commercial guide license.
  • snookaffinitysnookaffinity Naples, FLPosts: 1,231 Officer
    I offered to tow in a stranded guide and turned me down. Said he would call sea tow, didn't want to spoil my fishing day. Most of the guides I have met are very nice people.
    "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
  • snookaffinitysnookaffinity Naples, FLPosts: 1,231 Officer
    He had already found a ride in for his clients.
    "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
  • CaptJCaptJ Posts: 1,375 Officer
    Had a boat tow me from 25 miles offshore and he refused any gas money. I've paid it forward a few times.