Skip to main content
Home Northwest General Fishing & The Outdoors

Prayers needed please

micci_manmicci_man Posts: 15,001 AG

Dad is having mitral valve major  repair surgery in the morning. He has to be there at 5:30a.  He's worried and concerned. Open heart is the preferred way but Dr's don't think he can make it through that so they will go in an artery in his leg. I told him he just did fine with his aortic valve replacement last year and he will be fine.  They won't let but one person in the waiting room so my mama will be there by herself. I don't like that.

I'll have a heart cath on the 7th to look at my issues.

Thank you.

Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes

Replies

• swampdogswampdog Posts: 4,645 Captain
    Praying for your dad, your mom and you Micci. Hang in there man.
  • CranfieldCranfield Posts: 1,581 Captain
    A very stressful time for you all, be strong, you are in our prayers. 
  • micci_manmicci_man Posts: 15,001 AG
    Thank you
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 24,021 Moderator
    Thoughts and prayers this morning Tommy. 

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• brotherinlawbrotherinlaw Posts: 3,904 Captain
    Ya'll will continue to be in our prayers 
  • SloughSlough Posts: 5,813 Admiral
    Prayers
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you
  • skywayskyway Posts: 679 Officer
    Prayers for your dad and y’all.
  • LiveLineLiveLine Posts: 2,098 Captain
    Thoughts and prayers for you and your dad
    Sorry for the late update but the surgery was called off around 10a. Hemoglobin is steady dropping and they say the valve that they were going to repair isn't the source of loosing that much blood. They said he has to be loosing it from somewhere else within his body. They want to find the cause and fix (if possible) before repairing the mitral valve. They told mama that he will not be leaving the hospital until they can find the additional leaking source. Liver was mentioned but not confirmed....

he spent 16 days in the hospital several months ago He just got in a room on the cardio floor for internal bleeding and had his aortic valve replaced. I just talked to him and he is not a happy camper but I told him to be patient and that he has a slew of folks lifting him up in prayer. He is prepping for a colonoscopy in the morning. Yeah, he isn't a happy camper but understands. Did I mention he HATES being in the hospital???

Thank you all again for the prayers and continued prayers if you will. I will update as I have solid information.
  • loydDloydD Posts: 148 Deckhand
    micci_man said:

Dad is having mitral valve major  repair surgery in the morning. He has to be there at 5:30a.  He's worried and concerned. Open heart is the preferred way but Dr's don't think he can make it through that so they will go in an artery in his leg. I told him he just did fine with his aortic valve replacement last year and he will be fine.  They won't let but one person in the waiting room so my mama will be there by herself. I don't like that.

I'll have a heart cath on the 7th to look at my issues.

Thank you.

Prayers!!  
    Lovely Loyd
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 12,974 AG
    Prayers sent sir.
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • pottydocpottydoc Posts: 5,473 Admiral
    Lifting jim up. As well as you and family 

Just got a call today that they want to do my cath on  the 4th. Then a trip to the electrical heart to take a look.

Dang, they got me checking out it seems LOL

My dad is my main concern right now. Thanks for the prayers.

• illinoisfishermanillinoisfisherman Posts: 5,547 Admiral
    prayers sent for you dad and your family.  

You guys get well and home soon !!!
    Stay positive. 

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• billybob11billybob11 Posts: 1,406 Officer
    Prayers sent Brother 
  • John McKroidJohn McKroid Posts: 4,138 Captain
    Prayers made, thinking positive thoughts for your dad.  
  • conchydongconchydong Posts: 13,453 AG
    Prayers for all of you. Hope that they find the source of the loss of blood regarding your father.

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

Went up and down with cameras today and couldn't find anything concerning a leak. He's fed up and ready to go home but we had a good talk a little while ago. Heart Dr. approved going forward with original valve repair. He's getting 2 Units of blood now. Not sure if they will do it while he is already there or send him home and make him come back...

Just got work that Jordon will have a breast biopsy this Tuesday, same day as my heart cath. Things keep coming but we are leaning on Him..

Thanks for the prayers.

• FamilyfisherFamilyfisher Posts: 3,218 Captain
    Praying for resolution to these health issues for your family. 
    Proverbs 13:3
  • LiveLineLiveLine Posts: 2,098 Captain
  • swampdogswampdog Posts: 4,645 Captain
    It must be your turn in the barrel Micci. Prayers have been sent. Hang in there, one day and one procedure at a time. 
    Holy crap Tommy. I'll double up on the prayers. 

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

Sending more prayers. Sometimes when the stress load gets really bad   You have to let the Lord tote it.  Last thing you and family need now is for you to have a stroke
  • skywayskyway Posts: 679 Officer
    FMLA bro!
    now is the time to have your doctor fill out the paperwork.
    Then, get an extension.
    God be with you and your family. Amen
    God, bless jordon.
    stay well brother.

Thanks guys. We appreciate the prayers.

They told dad yesterday that they didn't know what was wrong with him. They are now  thinking his body is destroying his red blood cells and the reason his hemoglobin not going up and doing a test to see if that is the case. Now that we think back he slowly started his covid shot in early March. He got 4 units of blood so far and his score has only come up 1.9 points to 8.1, should be 13.  

• dovewooddovewood Posts: 2 Greenhorn
    Have them check for endocarditis, a blood infection. Ask for a blood culture. I suffered with anemia for 6 months til they found it.

They did dove. That's not it.

I know y'all have been sending them but he (we) needs prayers more than ever now. He is going down hill fast. He is so weak that he couldn't even talk to me today, didn't even want to try. He has never done that. Folks, I'm trying to be the strong man that he made me but I'm telling you it is hard. They told my mama this afternoon that the only option they have is to go forward with the mitral valve surgery and hope he will make a turn for the best after the repair. I have turned it over to Him more so than ever.

I'll be in the same hospital at 5:30a in the morning having my heart procedure and our oldest girl will have her biopsy at 9a in the morning. Again, we thank all of you for the prayers. Put daddy and my daughter at the top.

I've got all of you at the top. 

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

Prayers sent Brother