Skip to main content
Home General Fishing

Tampa Bay Toxic Water Spill at Piney Point

124»

Replies

• LostconchLostconch Posts: 1,074 Officer
    And that is the sad but true definition of most of the problems in Florida. So many people here from other places never bother to learn about the natural water flows in Florida before they make comments about it or worse are hired by some group or another to try to fix it 
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 12,866 AG
    mplspug said:
     but rather a lot of water is diverted unnaturally to the east and west because of big sugar to the south and the water doesn't flow naturally to the south like it used to

south flow is heldup because:
    pick one or pick all.

1.Dusky Seaside Sparrow
    2. Tribal lands and flooding due to US41
    3. Federal mandates on N&P % in water flowing south
    4. Development in Areas where water traditionally flowed.
    5. I'm sure I missed some other reasons.
    I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.
  • SeamenSeamen FlPosts: 7 Deckhand
    Just joined captains for clean water.  Regardless of whos fault it is, do what you can to make a positive change.
  • cortrcortr Posts: 517 Officer
    Agree with Seamen, support organizations fighting for the health of the environment, rather than making negative comments about conservation groups, as Anumber1 constantly does. 
  • ANUMBER1ANUMBER1 Posts: 12,866 AG
    I just call it like I see it,

I am glad to only be a bird hunter with bird dogs...being a shooter or dog handler or whatever other niche exists to separate appears to generate far too much about which to worry.