Home Off Topic

Tiger Woods obviously can't drive a car

AC ManAC Man Posts: 6,783 Admiral
Who's running 90 miles an hour in a 45 at 7 a.m. in a rental car. Not a Ferrari a rental car. He then loses control and hits a tree at 75 miles an hour. This is the second tree he has it in just a few years. At least he can drive a golf ball better than a car because he is a **** when it comes to driving a car. I couldn't be more embarrassed. With all his money I'd hire a limousine everywhere I went if he can't do any better than that.

Replies

• John McKroidJohn McKroid Posts: 2,774 Captain
    I grew up in that area and it was pretty common for people to speed down Hawthorne Blvd, but 60mph would have been speeding.  The fact that the car's black box indicated that he did not step on the break, but stepped 99% on the accelerator might indicate that he was driving impaired, and accidentally pressed harder on the accelerator instead of the break.  Either way seems irresponsible for the police not to do a test for impaired driving.   Amazing they did not even site him for speeding because there was, "no eye witness" -- preferential treatment.
  • dave44dave44 Posts: 13,220 AG
      Tiger was a hell of a golfer.
      But it does look like preferential treatment. In California it seems like you can get a ticket for getting 1 wheel off the road if they can find you.
       But it’s hard to come down on a guy because of an accident that only involved him and his rental car, and emergency services.
  • GardawgGardawg Posts: 11,376 AG
    He got his pedals mixed up.  

Unless it's stick I never use my right foot to brake with. Left only.
    "Forgiveness is a strange thing. It can be sometimes easier to forgive our enemies than our friends. It can be hardest of all to forgive people we love." Fred Rogers  
  • tom waxelbaumtom waxelbaum Posts: 442 Deckhand
    An employee once said "black folks can't drive, When I told him he was an idiot he said "there are no black race car drivers". At the time that was a true statement.
    Racing is a rich man's sport. 
    "Forgiveness is a strange thing. It can be sometimes easier to forgive our enemies than our friends. It can be hardest of all to forgive people we love." Fred Rogers  
  • smallboatsmallboat Posts: 1,608 Captain
    They refused to do any drugs/alcohol tests on him because they said he didn't seem impaired. But he is recovering from his FIFTH back surgery. I wouldn't be surprised if he was a fan of the pain pills at this point. 
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 12,168 Moderator
    An employee once said "black folks can't drive, When I told him he was an idiot he said "there are no black race car drivers". At the time that was a true statement.
    Wendell Scott?

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 14,579 AG
    i'd have to drive the road in order to pass judgement.   I know i've gone way too fast at certain times/places.   
    Yesterday's memories are not today's reality
    i'd have to drive the road in order to pass judgement.   I know i've gone way too fast at certain times/places.   
    We all have. 

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

Define too fast.

I've driven fast but not so fast that I lost control.  

• cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 35,561 AG
    edited April 8 #12
    Been there, done that.
    I was in Kentucky once and came over the top of a steep hill doing about 60 once  and there was a sharp right curve just on the other side. I locked up my brakes and ended up in some guys front yard.  Thank god he didn't have a fence or a tree 

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

We all have. 
    But not on pills or booze.     If I do something stupid I try to limit it to ONE stupid thing at a time.  
  • King_MeKing_Me Delray Beach, FLPosts: 6,831 Admiral
    He would have had to give up half of his net worth again if he hit someone.
    We all have. 
    But not on pills or booze.     If I do something stupid I try to limit it to ONE stupid thing at a time.  
    Most of the stupid things I did usually involved alcohol or drugs. 

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• AC ManAC Man Posts: 6,783 Admiral
    edited April 9 #16
    From what I heard there were no alcohol or drug paraphernalia in the car and he did not smell like alcohol. That is the official report! Are you telling me they didn't do it toxicology report on his blood? Anybody else would have been hung up to dry after run through the wringer. Sounds like he had no toxicology report whatsoever. At least not that I've seen if you have let me know. I'm 65 I've never hit a tree he has hit two.
  • jetmech2jetmech2 Panhandle Posts: 474 Deckhand
    Looks to me like he brought the wrong car to the track. 😉
    edited April 9 #18
    AC Man said:
    From what I heard there were no alcohol or drug paraphernalia in the car and he did not smell like alcohol. That is the official report! Are you telling me they didn't do it toxicology report on his blood? Anybody else would have been hung up to dry after run through the wringer. Sounds like he had no toxicology report whatsoever. At least not that I've seen if you have let me know. I'm 65 I've never hit a tree he has hit two.
    Under Florida law unless the accident involves death or great bodily harm, you can't force the driver to submit to a blood test and any such test without permission can not be used in court. 

Since nobody died or was seriously injured other than Tiger's broken bones. a blood test for alcohol or drugs would not be done without his permission, as I understand the law. 

Mini Mart Magnate

• MulletMaster239MulletMaster239 Southwest FloridaPosts: 633 Officer
    edited April 9 #19
    Can’t go blaming drugs or alcohol for everything.  I don’t use either at all, and have absolutely zero problems doing stupid things.  So based on my own experiences I don’t think he was necessarily drunk or high.  Some people screw up just fine without chemical help. 

If I were him, I’d have my own chauffeur and other assistants to do everything for me.  
    Seems if you're in an accident you're obligated for a toxicology report whether anybody else is involved or not. Heck the cops can pull you over and give you a alcohol or drug test just because they think they can. Yet you can run off the road and hit a tree and they don't give you the test I don't get it.
    edited April 9 #21
    AC Man said:
    Seems if you're in an accident you're obligated for a toxicology report whether anybody else is involved or not. Heck the cops can pull you over and give you a alcohol or drug test just because they think they can. Yet you can run off the road and hit a tree and they don't give you the test I don't get it.
    No they can not. They can ask and you can refuse. Most attorneys will tell you to refuse the test if you have been drinking or are under the influence. 

Mini Mart Magnate

• Gary SGary S Posts: 2,578 Captain
    cadman said:
    AC Man said:
    Under Florida law unless the accident involves death or great bodily harm, you can't force the driver to submit to a blood test and any such test without permission can not be used in court. 

Since nobody died or was seriously injured other than Tiger's broken bones. a blood test for alcohol or drugs would not be done without his permission, as I understand the law. 
    It was a accident he could not walk away from. I don't think he could even get out of the car without help. It was a little more than a couple broken bones.
    cadman said:
    AC Man said:

I thought he was in california for this crash 

Most of the stupid things I did usually involved alcohol or drugs. 

Or women ...
    cadman said:
    AC Man said:

I thought he was in california for this crash 
    Maybe he was. I was replying to AcMan primarily since he is in Florida. 

Mini Mart Magnate

• 2amigo2amigo Posts: 6,410 Admiral
    cadman said:
    AC Man said:
    No they can not. They can ask and you can refuse. Most attorneys will tell you to refuse the test if you have been drinking or are under the influence. 

Yes they can in Tiger's case.  If He caused serious injury to himself (or other)s.  They can do a toxicology report in those circumstances
    Nevertheless, when you do an investigation on an accident the first thing you should do is the toxicology report. A driver is running 90 miles an hour in a 45 mile-an-hour Zone and you leave the road and hit a tree and you're not going to do it toxicology report. Yep when you leave a bar or a cop can follow you and do a breathalyzer on you when you're just driving straight down the street. I don't get it.
    AC Man said:
    Nevertheless, when you do an investigation on an accident the first thing you should do is the toxicology report. A driver is running 90 miles an hour in a 45 mile-an-hour Zone and you leave the road and hit a tree and you're not going to do it toxicology report. Yep when you leave a bar or a cop can follow you and do a breathalyzer on you when you're just driving straight down the street. I don't get it.
    He can ask to do a breathalyzer, you have the right to refuse. 

Mini Mart Magnate

Yes but if you refuse they take you in and do it against your will with a blood test
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 8,845 Admiral
    Celebrity has its privileges.And it’s not about race.

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

AC Man said:
    Yes but if you refuse they take you in and do it against your will with a blood test
    No they can't unless it is an accident with death or great bodily harm. If they just pull you over they can not force you to take any tests, breath or blood. 

Mini Mart Magnate