I’ll admit it... I’m intrigued

Replies

• bowhunter4lifebowhunter4life Posts: 1,600 Captain
    For the hunter who can’t make the first shot count!..😂
    looks interesting, pricey though!🤑
  • Panhandler80Panhandler80 Posts: 8,580 Moderator
    For the hunter who can’t make the first shot count!..😂
    looks interesting, pricey though!🤑
    Or if a second animal stands there after first one hit.   Have had it happen plenty of times...

sounds like I better not look at price
    "Whatcha doin' in my waters?"
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 14,579 AG
    Yesterday's memories are not today's reality
    Yes, that’s true... I’m wondering if it will be legal in all states that allow crossbow use?
  • JonsredfishinJonsredfishin Posts: 2,385 Captain
    Can I get an over/under Muzzeloader? 😆 

They need to just let us use our rifles all season long. I have a muzzeloader that groups just as good as my 7 MM. there’s nothing “traditional” about bow/muzzleloader seasons anymore. 
    One president put a man on the moon.
    Another president put a man in the Lady's bathroom.
  • HollywoodcorollaHollywoodcorolla Posts: 548 Officer
    It’s not fair to the animals. 
    CANCEL IT  lol 
    fighting for animal equal feelings /rights 
    I would definitely like the double muzzleloader. I shoot my muzzleloader better than my rifle at 100 yards.
    $2,222 is a bit silly.  

Still kinda neat.  Having a love / hate thing with it at moment.  

Be fun on some pigs.  
    With ammunition like it is this might be the new rifle!
  • JonsredfishinJonsredfishin Posts: 2,385 Captain
    You could mount it on a turret on the bow of your new boat and legally hammer the cobia  😆 
    One president put a man on the moon.
    Another president put a man in the Lady's bathroom.
  • Sixth GenerationSixth Generation Posts: 760 Officer
    I love my Excalibur.  Micro Midas 335.  The first time I shot a deer with it I hit him right on the shoulder bone and it made suck a loud whack I flinched...
    You could mount it on a turret on the bow of your new boat and legally hammer the cobia  😆 
    Chased a sure enough 100 pound fish on a ray for over an hour one year.  Could not get him to eat and he eventually eased off into the deep.  Countless opportunities to have shot with bow fishing gear.  
    Pan,  dang that must have been frustrating!  I would have resorted to putting a trebel hook on and resort to snagging his ****...  Lol.
    Pan,  dang that must have been frustrating!  I would have resorted to putting a trebel hook on and resort to snagging his ****...  Lol.
    No joke.  

Was on a buddy’s boat.  He’s one of those minimalists / purists.   We had two rods and maybe three or four jigs on board and that was it.  

Was an epic year though.  Haven’t seen one like it before or since
    My biggest is 65 lbs.  I bet that 100 lber looked like a telephone pole...  I would have been freaking out...
    My biggest is 65 lbs.  I bet that 100 lber looked like a telephone pole...  I would have been freaking out...
    She was a beast.  I landed a 91.2 (certified scale) three or four days prior.  This fish was bigger.
  • harbisonharbison Posts: 4,844 Captain
    Love it...

That   "make the first shot count!"   works well on the range, but not necessarily in the field. 
    harbison said:
    Love it...

That   "make the first shot count!"   works well on the range, but not necessarily in the field. 
    Or an additional animal!  I had a second 8 point stand there maybe 6 or 7 seconds after I drilled the first one.   Could have easily put one through him as well with this set up. 

May have to buy one.  

I don’t know.  
    O/U muzzle loader would be pretty nice too.  Or side by side.  
  • Ruff OneRuff One HomosassaPosts: 2,143 Captain
    Love my excalibur also. This looks like the crossbows I see in vampire movies. The bolts just keep coming.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sounds good! 

• FloridaODFloridaOD Posts: 4,105 Captain
    Perfect Poaching Tool.
    Time to toss the beat up old crossbow.
    Hunters are present yet relatively uncommon in Florida :wink
    FloridaOD said:
    Perfect Poaching Tool.
    Time to toss the beat up old crossbow.
    Poacher gonna poach.  

Besides, way better tools than an arrow if that’s his m.o.
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 8,689 Admiral
    No Poacher spends over 2 Grand on a Crossbow and their way to big to move around in the cab of the Truck anyways.
    You can get a beat up 243 for $200 bucks at most any country Pawn shop
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • osprey11osprey11 Posts: 1,314 Officer
    Chased a sure enough 100 pound fish on a ray for over an hour one year.  Could not get him to eat and he eventually eased off into the deep.  Countless opportunities to have shot with bow fishing gear.  
    Not that easy.   Many years ago on a wreck out of Jax my friend shot a 100lber.      Hit it dead center of skull, with a powerhead.  Before he could get on stringer, the fish woke and took off down the wreck.    Fortunately right below the other diver.  His powerhead hit just in front of dorsal.   Took both of them to get stringer through its eyes.   I was driving the boat and kept seeing their bubbles doing figure 8's.   Couldnt figure out what was going on.  One of the divers was ridding, stearing the cobia with the stringer through its eyes.    I pulled it in boat and it went nuts.    One bad **** fish!!

osprey11 said:
    Not that easy.   Many years ago on a wreck out of Jax my friend shot a 100lber.      Hit it dead center of skull, with a powerhead.  Before he could get on stringer, the fish woke and took off down the wreck.    Fortunately right below the other diver.  His powerhead hit just in front of dorsal.   Took both of them to get stringer through its eyes.   I was driving the boat and kept seeing their bubbles doing figure 8's.   Couldnt figure out what was going on.  One of the divers was ridding, stearing the cobia with the stringer through its eyes.    I pulled it in boat and it went nuts.    One bad **** fish!!
    I hear ya.  I think my break away alligator set up on a 100 pounder over a sandbar would make pretty short work of it, though.  I brought the rig with me three or four times after that experience. Of course the opportunity never presented itself again.  
  • PinmanPinman Posts: 2,965 Captain
    osprey11 said:
    Cobia generally dont have a good attitude about being put in a boat anyway.....
  • pottydocpottydoc Port Saint JoePosts: 4,492 Captain
    edited April 8 #30
    My dad, brother, and I were fishing out of Everglades City a bunch of years ago with a guide. Dad had a nice cobia  on, 25 lbs or so, that he had at boatside. Several
    of his buddies (the cobia, not Dad) came up
    with him, one that later weighed in at 52 lbs. I free gagged him and snatched him
    in the boat. He immediately got of the gaff, and hilarity ensued for the next 6-7 minutes. My brother and I finally got him subdued, and in the fish box. The guide was not amused, and threatened us with bodily harm if we did it again.😇
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 8,689 Admiral
    I caught a 50 pounder off Everglades City awhile back.
    He ate my live bait and I reeled him right to the boat like a dog on a leash.
    My Pard swing the gaff into him and the the cobia realized the fun and games where over. Swung him straight into the fish box and dove onto the lid.
    He still came out swinging..
    Killin and Grillin :grin