Home Ten Thousand Islands General Fishing & The Outdoors

tarpon on gthe move

Just saw my first tarpon up in Naples area , They are on the migration move  now.  Water temps mid 70's. Always exciting  to see even if getting one to eat is an issue.

Replies

• bocapup1bocapup1 Posts: 1,291 Officer
    In Deerfield beach pier I saw big pods moving fast in the trough last 2 days!

• John McKroidJohn McKroid Posts: 2,774 Captain
    I saw a bunch of them off Dania beach last time out.
  • MulletMaster239MulletMaster239 Southwest FloridaPosts: 633 Officer
    edited April 3 #4
    I am 0 for the last 16 the past week by far the worst run I’ve ever had, don’t think I’ve ever gone more than 4 maybe 5 tops without landing one but after the 15th consecutive failure earlier today, snapped the rod over my knee and tossed the combo in the canal, same thing after the 16th, except I threw it a lil further out into the canal.  Never was much for yelling and cussing so that’s my outlet.  

I need a new hobby, been doing this a very long time and this is about the only thing I’ve ever done where I actually get worse at over time. Think I will take up bass fishing or maybe bowling or something.  
  • Mr, GooganMr, Googan Posts: 82 Deckhand
    Mullet, if it was too easy you'd quit and move on to something else.  I'm thinking 17 is your lucky number.
  • finbullyfinbully Posts: 823 Officer
    edited April 6 #6
    I am 0 for the last 16 the past week by far the worst run I’ve ever had, don’t think I’ve ever gone more than 4 maybe 5 tops without landing one but after the 15th consecutive failure earlier today, snapped the rod over my knee and tossed the combo in the canal, same thing after the 16th, except I threw it a lil further out into the canal.  Never was much for yelling and cussing so that’s my outlet.  

I need a new hobby, been doing this a very long time and this is about the only thing I’ve ever done where I actually get worse at over time. Think I will take up bass fishing or maybe bowling or something.  
    Golfing has the same effect on some (the snapping part).  :D
  • polliwogpolliwog Posts: 328 Deckhand
    Just think now you have an excuse to buy a couple of new rods. Tackle stores are happy.  I have the same trouble fishing docks for big snook,it can drive you crazy,but that's the challenge. LOL