Skip to main content
Home General Hunting

Remember when

needtohuntmoreneedtohuntmore MelbournePosts: 512 Officer
edited March 2021 in General Hunting #1
Remember when a lot of you fools were hammering on me for not backing the police?  I hope you are ready for the blue wave of gun control.  I will be here waiting to see if you still back them in six months.

Replies

• WhitetailedWhitetailed Central FloridaPosts: 44 Deckhand
    Nope, not worth the time or effort..
  • Big MakBig Mak Senior Member On the Edge or Going DeepPosts: 5,714 Admiral
    Come on Needs! All you really need is a two story crib!

• bswivbswiv Senior Member Posts: 8,432 Admiral
    Politics was banned a number of years ago..............????
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Senior Member Real close to the Fakahachee StrandPosts: 11,320 AG
    Why..?
    Cause some folks are Sensitive and Fragile..?
    Just askin
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • awayaway Senior Member Posts: 500 Deckhand
    Probably because it's a hunting forum and people want to get away from real life every now and then. 
    Just guessing...
  • needtohuntmoreneedtohuntmore MelbournePosts: 512 Officer
    edited March 2021 #7
    Can’t hunt without guns...
  • bswivbswiv Senior Member Posts: 8,432 Admiral
    Why..?
    Just askin
    My assumption at the time was that it had to do with folks getting ugly. Not ugly in the ironic sense, or simply asking hard but legitimate questions about policy or the attributes of a candidate but rather that we, as in we the people, behaved badly towards one another. More than the one occasion when because of a legitimate disagreement as to how some issue should be dealt with that the thread veered off into personal attacks.

Of course I understand that politics is important, moreso to me than you might imagine because as a libertarian leaning member of this society with grandchildren the prospect of a more powerful and centralized government, one with a ever strengthening "Imperial Presidency", and a population all to willing to go along with that situation.......well......I worry about my grandchildren's future freedom.

For things as important as that, the freedom of future generations, you accept that ugly has to happen at times to stop that........but........before it's time to come to blows the default needs to be, must be, to persuade, to be polite, to make cogent arguments rather than "talking points". 

The owners of the site must have decided that too many of those playing in the sandbox of politics were not up to that sort of behavior so they stopped it. I miss it, especially as I know plenty of folks who hunt and fish who've quite different political leanings, they are nuanced and enjoyable to be around. And I think it's good for a society to see that we have commonalities while also having divergences......but that we can stand in the boat or around the frying venison and get along.

I could go on..............

edited March 2021 #9
    You do realize police are a central pillar to all imperial presidencies.  They enforce the madness that a strong central government makes.  That’s why I am for defunding the police and you should be to based on your views.

Getting along and sharing views is long gone.  Better to realize we are in a dog fight for our rights.
    Yep, here we go...
    You think Joe Biden’s going to enforce any of these laws?
  • Sixth GenerationSixth Generation Member Posts: 910 Officer
    He doesn't even know what he is doing...  How is he going to enforce anything?
  • gogittumgogittum Nature CoastPosts: 3,679 Captain
    bswiv said:
    Why..?
    Just askin
    My assumption at the time was that it had to do with folks getting ugly. Not ugly in the ironic sense, or simply asking hard but legitimate questions about policy or the attributes of a candidate but rather that we, as in we the people, behaved badly towards one another. More than the one occasion when because of a legitimate disagreement as to how some issue should be dealt with that the thread veered off into personal attacks.

Of course I understand that politics is important, moreso to me than you might imagine because as a libertarian leaning member of this society with grandchildren the prospect of a more powerful and centralized government, one with a ever strengthening "Imperial Presidency", and a population all to willing to go along with that situation.......well......I worry about my grandchildren's future freedom.

For things as important as that, the freedom of future generations, you accept that ugly has to happen at times to stop that........but........before it's time to come to blows the default needs to be, must be, to persuade, to be polite, to make cogent arguments rather than "talking points". 

The owners of the site must have decided that too many of those playing in the sandbox of politics were not up to that sort of behavior so they stopped it. I miss it, especially as I know plenty of folks who hunt and fish who've quite different political leanings, they are nuanced and enjoyable to be around. And I think it's good for a society to see that we have commonalities while also having divergences......but that we can stand in the boat or around the frying venison and get along.

I could go on..............

Well put.  
    Your beloved police will be enforcing the new laws that come out of this mess.  Unless you totally subscribe to the Woke PC culture you will be a criminal.  It’s coming. 
  • gogittumgogittum Nature CoastPosts: 3,679 Captain
    Your beloved police will be enforcing the new laws that come out of this mess.  Unless you totally subscribe to the Woke PC culture you will be a criminal.  It’s coming. 
    Anytime you think the police are evil and un-necessary, think of the alternative - living in anarchy.  That would be the most terrible thing i can envision.
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Senior Member Real close to the Fakahachee StrandPosts: 11,320 AG
    I'll have to ask my County Sherriff what he thinks about guns at the next Hunt Club meeting...

Killin and Grillin :grin
  • micci_manmicci_man Senior Member Somewhere in FLPosts: 15,001 AG
    He doesn't even know what he is doing...  How is he going to enforce anything?

He won't be, that woman will. It's gonna get rough but I don't believe in defunding the police. Someone or some group of the second amendment will start it off when they get pried on hard enough with new laws (it they get changed).
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • swampdogswampdog Central FloridaPosts: 4,670 Captain
    I’m believing both sides have some common sense members. I also believe there is a solution to gun violence, it might take a little time to figure it out though. Calm collected debate and science/engineering may be the ticket. 
    edited March 2021 #20
    Police are funded by state and federal governments.  They know who daddy is and where the money comes from.  If you think you need police to avoid anarchy you are the definition of sheep.  The government needs police not the people.  Thomas Jefferson said it best.  A government that fears its people is a sign of free people. If the people fear the government that’s tyranny.

If you want proof of the government muzzling their dogs (police) just look at the riots.  The government held them back but you just wait.  You gun loving republicans won’t get the same rights.  Those dogs will get cut loose.
  • Big MakBig Mak Senior Member On the Edge or Going DeepPosts: 5,714 Admiral
    edited March 2021 #22
    I do agree with post 21 to a large degree. You can't have things both ways. We are living in interesting times indeed. 

I found this article interesting as well. Edicts to be soon handed down from above? Perhaps the biggest questions most (some) are grappling with at this point are should we be proactive in anticipation of what's to come or reactive to the events as they unfold?  I think the storming of the Capitol was a indication of the former to some extent. 

Here ya go...

https://www.courthousenews.com/carrying-guns-in-public-is-not-a-constitutional-right-ninth-circuit-rules/

While there's no question the police are an extension of the government and it's policies, I think America is at a crossroads and lines are no longer obscured with any give and take in the middle. It's something I never thought I'd see in my lifetime to be frank. About half are militant left and the other is militant right. It has become less socially acceptable to tread in that foggy middle ground and that extremism, my friends, is dangerous. I think a big choice is coming very soon and many of these seemingly little choices are precursors to what is in store.
  • Tony RomaTony Roma Senior Member Posts: 3,528 Captain
    I don’t agree with defunding the police but I do agree with redefining the scope of their duties. If a single mom calls 911 because her 13 year old daughter is threatening to run away a well trained social worker should be the first on scene. Not an armed police officer that doesn’t have the tools to get to the root of the run aways problem. Watching out of control kids with obvious mental issues getting pepper sprayed is not helping the boys in blues image in these current times. The police should be dispatched when your life’s in danger, not when a normal everyday problem needs to be taken care of. 
  • FloridaODFloridaOD Senior Member Posts: 4,410 Captain
    Can’t hunt without guns...
    Can hunt with a knife. Snare.
    Single shot rifle. Ruger No.1 with beautiful wood. Scope. 
    Or a single shot handgun. Thompson Contender 12 inch barrel . 44 and a red dot.
    Muzzle Loader/ Black powder “Primitive Weapon” that produces two inch groups at 75 yards.
    Hunters are present yet relatively uncommon in Florida :wink
    edited March 2021 #25
    If a police officer that took the oath to protect and serve can stand idly by and watch someone destroy his own squad car I don’t doubt that same officer can walk into his neighbors house and take guns or arrest them based on their views.  Biden wants to alter the 4th so that police can enter at their will to keep us safe.  Police are not necessary for society. We have only had them for a few hundred years.  Police are the epitome of big brother and they will end up being the edge of the sword that takes off freedoms head.

The Democratic Party is weeding out the non-hackers so to speak.  They want the ones who cant handle the plan to quit.
  • aqualifeaqualife JupiterPosts: 82 Deckhand
    Police are funded by state and federal governments.  They know who daddy is and where the money comes from.  If you think you need police to avoid anarchy you are the definition of sheep.  The government needs police not the people.  Thomas Jefferson said it best.  A government that fears its people is a sign of free people. If the people fear the government that’s tyranny.

If you want proof of the government muzzling their dogs (police) just look at the riots.  The government held them back but you just wait.  You gun loving republicans won’t get the same rights.  Those dogs will get cut loose.
    Where do you come up with this insane dribble......people who throw the term “sheep” around are usually the first to be Slaughtered when things go side ways. 
    Not sure why a mod hasn't moved this to the Off Topic forum. This is a hunting forum. Doesn't belong here.
  • aqualifeaqualife JupiterPosts: 82 Deckhand
  • Florida BullfrogFlorida Bullfrog Senior Member OcalaPosts: 4,847 Captain

... I have to keep telling myself...