Home General Freshwater Fishing

Favorite Fishing?

2»

Replies

• louislouis Posts: 74 Deckhand
    I like it all.  Use an ultralight and flyrod.  Anything that stretches the string is a blast.)
  • chaser48chaser48 San Mateo Fla.Posts: 278 Deckhand
    Beetlespin and pitchin crickets and trolling for Specks
  • jt904jt904 Central FloridaPosts: 121 Deckhand
    baccarac said:
    A zoom Junebug utail Texas rig. On the butler chain in Orlando. The first time I threw this worm into the water on this chain was in the mid 80s. In one afternoon I caught 3 9pound bass At least one of them was 10 pounds. I called them 3. 9pounders To be conservative. After almost 40 years of fishing this chain of lakes. It’s still a great worm old-school and extremely very productive. I bet I have gone through over 250 packs of zoom June bug utail worms. 7inch.Good luck
     @baccarac I moved to Orlando almost 2 years ago and have fished the butler chain only a few times, as I'm mostly a salt water guy. Every time I have fished it Ill throw frogs in the grass and lillys or around docks with little success. But I often find big schools of smaller bass crushing bait on top out in the middle of the lake near the huge houses. I probably just need to spend more time out there to find the big ones. 
    176 Key West Stealth 
  • scuba1978scuba1978 DunnellonPosts: 8 Deckhand
    4wt fly rod on alpine streams for wild trout, for me. 

I had a lot of fun chucking Gotcha plugs at Spanish mackerel when I last lived in Florida. 
  • The_Bearded_AnglerThe_Bearded_Angler Tampa native living in GaPosts: 229 Deckhand
    edited August 1 #36
    Grew up in Tampa hunting bass on any lake I could drop a line in and on the flats doing the same for trout, reds and snook. Moved away about 25 years ago but will be retiring and moving back soon enough and picking up where I left off. Since I left I have fell in love with fishing for rainbow and brown trout in the mountains of N Ga, N Carolina and Tennessee but inshore saltwater fishing is calling me back home. I miss it badly. A once a year visit just ain't enough.
  • MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 10,461 AG
    I cycle thru the types through the year.  Saltwater flats fishing, bass fishing, speck fishing, both conventional and on fly.  I love all of it, but generally prefer one type for a while before going to another phase.  Mix in hunting and it creates a full schedule thru the year.
    I have never seen live bones, but I know that they are often used by rich people to decorate the interior.
  • Jstubby2Jstubby2 Lat -90 Long +90 👍Posts: 763 Officer
    How many tackle boxes do you guys have?
  • LostconchLostconch Posts: 1,027 Officer
    I don't even know how many I have I buy everyone I see at yard sales But I mostly use 3 or 4

• Jstubby2Jstubby2 Lat -90 Long +90 👍Posts: 763 Officer
    I have 4 plus plus a bunch of Plano lure & assorted boxes. I haven't bought a talked box in 40 years but I keep buying gear. I can't pass a a fishing section in any store with out shopping😎
  • bottom feederbottom feeder Posts: 1,517 Captain
    I'm getting back into bass fishing in central Florida.  I need to restock every thing.  I mostly fish 10" power worms.

Leaving Florida... take a developer with you!

• altuckaltuck TallahasseePosts: 726 Officer
    I have 6, one that I use and 5 to hold all the crap I don't.
  • swampdogswampdog Central FloridaPosts: 3,198 Captain
    I have a live bait tackle box and a artificial tackle box for salt water. I also have one with live bait and artificial baits for freshwater. I have a plastic box for keeping new tackle in the garage. I’m always looking for sales on tackle. 
  • 10kman10kman Posts: 844 Officer
    Smallmouth bass.
  • gogittumgogittum SW New MexicoPosts: 2,463 Captain
    edited September 6 #45
    I fished for Smallmouth on the Clearwater River in Idaho 40 years ago.  They're fun to catch, all right, but the big thing was just being on that beautiful, beautiful river, all the way up to the Selway and Lochsa Rivers - tributaries of the Clearwater. 

Same with catching Steelhead in the same areas in season.  Lots of Trout there, too.  I caught a nice (105#) Sturgeon on the Snake River, a few miles upstream of its' confluence with the Clearwater.  

I had and used the 1st float tube that anyone had seen in that country and it worked well.  It sparked a lot of interest, but useable season was short - that's some cooold water, most of the year.

Magnificent country.....but the winters are brutal.
  • Amelia_BelliAmelia_Belli United StatesPosts: 8 Deckhand
    Smallmouth and Largemouth Bass  <3
    Fishing is Love