Home Last Cast

Justin Rogers passed at 32 years old

AC ManAC Man Posts: 6,783 Admiral
edited March 1 in Last Cast #1
It has taken me 5 years to come to terms with his passing. I am his dad . He was a member here but he wasn't that active and I don't remember his name on The Forum but he was a fishing fool from the age of three. I've never met a kid that could sit on a sea wall in the keys from daylight till dark at 10 years old and be happy as a lark. He had a million hobbies, but fishing was always number one. I'll post his final fishing picture on the boat when I figure it out how to post pictures.

PS Cancer Sucks. His ashes were set sail in a model Viking ship on fire in the Gulf Sream from Ft. Lauderdale. That's what he wanted and I will follow........... when my time comes.

Replies

• conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 8,846 Admiral
    It must be very difficult for you and your family AC. Stay strong and be comforted that he is at peace in heaven.
    Cancer does suck. Wish we had a warp speed effort on finding a cure for it.

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

• ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 12,168 Moderator
    AC, you have wonderful memories. Cherish them. We will say a little prayer tonight in memory of Justin.

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• billybob11billybob11 Posts: 647 Officer
    Sorry for your loss.  Cancer sucks
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 14,579 AG
    i cannot imagine what it's like to lose a child.   I'm so sorry for your loss. 
    Yesterday's memories are not today's reality
  • FlashFlash Posts: 11,332 AG
    Rest in Peace
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
  • Bigfish5Bigfish5 Posts: 433 Deckhand
    Rest in Peace. I cannot even begin to imagine the pain of this.   I hope he is fishing fertile waters in heaven!   
  • restlessnativerestlessnative Posts: 2,534 Captain
    edited March 22 #9
    I remember when you posted when it happened, very sorry for your loss. My older brother was killed in an accident 3 days after his 30th birthday 15 years ago. My dad never got over it and he then passed away 8 years ago from cancer. At least your son is no longer suffering. 
  • AC ManAC Man Posts: 6,783 Admiral
    edited April 3 #10
    I remember when you posted when it happened, very sorry for your loss. My older brother was killed in an accident 3 days after his 30th birthday 15 years ago. My dad never got over it and he then passed away 8 years ago from cancer. At least your son is no longer suffering. 
    This is true you are never the same. I got an appointment with the shrink next week. Too much alcohol, anxiety, depression lately Something's Gotta Give. So I'm going in. Sorry you lost your dad to that's horrible.
  • 4WARD4WARD Cross Creek,FLPosts: 2,309 Captain
    Hang in there AC. 
    I can not imagine how difficult that must be.
    Keep reaching out for help, this is a very good thing.

"I hate graveyards and old pawn shops
    For they always bring me tears
    I can't forgive the way they rob me
    Of my childhood souvenirs"... John Prine