Skip to main content
Home Off Topic

Bidets

2»

Replies

• GardawgGardawg IslamoradaPosts: 14,753 AG
    Only for the idiots who try to flush them. 

"Forgiveness is a strange thing. It can be sometimes easier to forgive our enemies than our friends. It can be hardest of all to forgive people we love." Fred Rogers  
  • Bet thru the years I've got a couple Cases spread thru out the woods..
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 40,378 AG
    cadman said:
    SO what's the next move to dry off once your butt gets soaked
    Told you they have a model that blows warm air after the wash to dry you and fluff the anal hairs.

I was talking to King Me. 
    Don't care

Former Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

• treemanjohntreemanjohn Posts: 7,998 Admiral
    cadman said:
    cadman said:
    Told you they have a model that blows warm air after the wash to dry you and fluff the anal hairs.

Don't care
    Then why did you answer my question
    We’re like the piggy bank that everybody is robbing, and that ends
    cadman said:
    cadman said:

Don't care
    Still don't care

Former Mini Mart Magnate

cadman said:
    cadman said:
    cadman said:

Don't care
    Still don't care
    Clearly you do...
    AC Man said:
    cadman said:
    Lately I have seen/heard a lot of commercials on Sirius, Youtube, etc. advertising these add on bidets. Heard one today called Tushy. what is the deal? Is it because of the tissue shortage everyone is coming out with a model now? Are they better then TP? Does anyone own one and would recommend them?

I would think they would get dirty and be something else to clean or break. Some are electric, some are mechanical, some have warm air to fluff the anal hairs.  I thought they were originally for women to wash their lady parts. 

What is the big deal with these thing? 

Some of the commercials are pretty funny. One was a guy talking about saving his shorts from his ***. 
    I have been hearing these commercials lately as well. I change the channel before they can start describing their product. I already know what it is and I don't want to know anymore.
    But some are so educational

Former Mini Mart Magnate

Here is one I hear all the time. It even has a night light and wireless remote

Former Mini Mart Magnate

• BallaCoiPersiciBallaCoiPersici NW Italy (Laveno Mombello)Posts: 7,451 Admiral
    King_Me said:
    Bidet?
    True bidet is a different thing, very common here in Italy (also because is mandatory in home restrooms).
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bidet

Advantages?
    Washing is always better than only wiping. In fact is not a TP alternative (at least here in Italy) but a plus: TP before and washing then.
    I don't understand how your design works by looking at it.  Never used one myself, I thought they shot upwards?????

Nope, just a normal water mixer. Sitting on face toward the faucet, open the water (obviously you get even warm water) and wash what you need (front and rear) with soap or specifically intimate detergent.
    Someone sit with faucet at the back but it less comfortable to me.

Not always it's possible take a shower and this is very comfortable and practically, you'll love it. 
    Indeed I feel uncomfortable when I'm abroad (aside Italy is possible find it in Spain and Greece, but for the rest of the world it's a obscure thing).
    Massimo (former Ballak) - Please, be patient for my English
    ********************************************************************************************************************************
    I'm typing keeping close my "pasta hole"!
    Political correctness is a mental disease that can put you in slavery. The only cure is to turn on the brain.
    No hope in herd immunity although we don't miss the sheep
    Vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
  • King_MeKing_Me Delray Beach, FLPosts: 7,084 Admiral
    King_Me said:

I don't understand how your design works by looking at it.  Never used one myself, I thought they shot upwards?????

This is not how I envisioned on how it works.  Looks backwards to me....lol 
  • swampdogswampdog Central FloridaPosts: 3,945 Captain
    Wife and I stared long and hard at one while traveling in Italy and decided it was best to leave it for another time. I have toyed with idea of making an attachment for the toilet that allows a guy to pee in a funnel that goes into a holding bowl with additional water to be used with the next dump flush. I bidet you all a good day...
    swampdog said:
    Wife and I stared long and hard at one while traveling in Italy and decided it was best to leave it for another time. 
    :D If you only would have had one during the cruel TP battle last March. Here in Italy we didn't have TP shortage during the first phase of the big drama (anyway we had millions of other problems)...
    ********************************************************************************************************************************
    Political correctness is a mental disease that can put you in slavery. The only cure is to turn on the brain.
    King_Me said:
    Bidet?
    True bidet is a different thing, very common here in Italy (also because is mandatory in home restrooms).

Advantages?
    Washing is always better than only wiping. In fact is not a TP alternative (at least here in Italy) but a plus: TP before and washing then.

Nope, just a normal water mixer. Sitting on face toward the faucet, open the water (obviously you get even warm water) and wash what you need (front and rear) with soap or specifically intimate detergent.

Not always it's possible take a shower and this is very comfortable and practically, you'll love it. 
    Indeed I feel uncomfortable when I'm abroad (aside Italy is possible find it in Spain and Greece, but for the rest of the world it's a obscure thing).
    Sweet Jesus! Not sure clawing at a type 3 would be a good way to start a morning 
    King_Me said:
    Bidet?

Advantages?

Sweet Jesus! Not sure clawing at a type 3 would be a good way to start a morning 
    Well, when just woke up and your lady whistles you in a ear "please, go fast to wash your "pride" cause I want kiss it", believe me, there is no best way to start a morning :D
    Italy = 1 minute and ready for action ;)
  • 2amigo2amigo Posts: 8,243 Admiral
    Cad, you should put a few at your stations.  I'm sure they would remain pristine.......
    2amigo said:
    Cad, you should put a few at your stations.  I'm sure they would remain pristine.......
    We have enough issues with them not hitting the walls and floor because some people can't  sit on a public toilet and want to hover. Women are the worst for this. 

I was in the store one day and this awful smell started. I walked out behind the counter and there was feces drops on the floor from the restroom to the front door. The restroom was a complete mess. I hate to think what the guy's car looked or smelled like. I gave a homeless guy $20 to clean it up. He did a good job. Took an entire can of frebreeze to kill the odor. 

Former Mini Mart Magnate

• RStyleRStyle Posts: 1,695 Captain
    When the toilet paper crisis occurred last year, with some hesitation, I installed a Tushy (the one Cadman mentioned).
    I now have them in every bathroom and my sons and daughter in laws were converted and now have them in their houses.
    Leaves you clean and all you have to use is minimum toilet paper to dry up. When you use the toilet paper to dry up it comes out clean meaning Tushy did its job. If things are a littlest greasy or pasty, the Tushy leaves you perfectly clean and no need for multiple cleanings with toilet paper.
    No more skid marks in your underwear. If you are sore because of spicy foods, diarrhea etc..it helps clean and relieves without scraping yourself with the toilet paper. If you have hemorrhoids, it cleans and cools without rubbing and scraping with toilet paper. If you are having discomfort from hemorrhoids you can use cool water eat low pressure for relief.
    (For people up north there are several brand s-more expensive- with instant small tank electric water heaters to provide warm water.....)
    My wife and I are converts and sometimes when we travel we hope that the hotel or friend have one. The first few times you use it its a little weird but once you het the hang of it, it becomes indispensable
  • pottydocpottydoc Port Saint JoePosts: 5,246 Admiral
    King_Me said:
    King_Me said:

This is not how I envisioned on how it works.  Looks backwards to me....lol 
    Balla, most of the ones that get installed here have a two way valve. Turned one way it lets water come into the bowl from under the rim. The other direction and the water comes from a nozzle pointing straight up at the targeted area. 
  • NickhoogNickhoog Posts: 1,354 Officer
    The Covid sure has screwed us up...

2 pages on how to clean your butt.....
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 16,406 AG
    Nickhoog said:

you should have seen the thread on taking a dump at the sandbar.  well over 2 pages 
    You can't pet a dead dog back to life 
    Nickhoog said:

Can't talk about who is running the country or the decisions they make that affect us all, so we discuss important issues instead these days. 

Also, some models fluff your anal hairs. 

Former Mini Mart Magnate

• billybob11billybob11 Posts: 1,183 Officer
    I have a add on bidet. Luxe Zen 500.   Hot and cold water.  Dual nozzle.   Nozzle rinse.  Love it X3.  Had it before Covid.  Saves much paper and septic tank 
  • Tarpon65Tarpon65 Posts: 7,005 Admiral
    Massimo, I'm pretty sure you copy and pasted that from an old Penthouse forum article. 
    Always Do Sober What You Said You'd Do Drunk. That Will Teach You To Keep Your Mouth Shut. - Ernest Hemingway
  • gogittumgogittum Nature CoastPosts: 3,260 Captain
    cadman said:
    2amigo said:
    We have enough issues with them not hitting the walls and floor because some people can't  sit on a public toilet and want to hover. Women are the worst for this. 

I was in the store one day and this awful smell started. I walked out behind the counter and there was feces drops on the floor from the restroom to the front door. The restroom was a complete mess. I hate to think what the guy's car looked or smelled like. I gave a homeless guy $20 to clean it up. He did a good job. Took an entire can of frebreeze to kill the odor. 
    There are some sick people out there.  I got a call from a motel one day asking me to come and look at their ice machine.  Got there and someone had dumped a pile of feces into the ice.

Owner wanted no part of it and I was Johnny-on-the-spot.....but it did cost him.  Using a scoop, I got the obvious mess cleaned up, then wore long sleeved dishwashing gloves on my hands to empty the rest of the ice, then wash the bin with bleach.  Yuck.
  • jetmech2jetmech2 Panhandle Posts: 1,454 Officer
    Shouldn’t this thread be moved into the “Life imitates art” thread?? :D
  • jetmech2jetmech2 Panhandle Posts: 1,454 Officer
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 20,654 Moderator
    That was a good movie. 

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

Tarpon65 said:
    Massimo, I'm pretty sure you copy and pasted that from an old Penthouse forum article. 

:D

Nope, I googled, I swear...

How are you? Long time I didn't see you (of course glad to read you again)

gogittum said:
    cadman said:
    2amigo said:

There are some sick people out there.  I got a call from a motel one day asking me to come and look at their ice machine.  Got there and someone had dumped a pile of feces into the ice.

Owner wanted no part of it and I was Johnny-on-the-spot.....but it did cost him.  Using a scoop, I got the obvious mess cleaned up, then wore long sleeved dishwashing gloves on my hands to empty the rest of the ice, then wash the bin with bleach.  Yuck.
    In my early days. I managed a store where they hooked the Ice bin directly to the drain instead of using an air gap. We had the sewer back up and it went straight into the ice bin. Nastiest smell. We turned off the ice dumped bleach in it to kill the smell Thankfully not much ice was in the bin so when they fixed the clog, we just poured buckets of hot water to melt the ice and then sanitized it with more bleach. We used a lot of bleach. 

Former Mini Mart Magnate

• Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 16,406 AG
    on my last day of work, many years from now someone's getting an upper decker as a parting gift 
    You can't pet a dead dog back to life