Skip to main content
Home Off Topic

Covid-19

conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 11,973 AG
I do not think this has been done in the chat room but it would be interesting to find out "our" statistics.

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
― Ernest Hemingway

Covid-19 24 votes

tested positive for Covid but had minimal or no side effects.
20% 5 votes
tested positive for Covid and had serious side effects
0% 0 votes
never tested but think you had Covid during the last 14+ months
20% 5 votes
never tested and never had any symptoms of Covid
45% 11 votes
tested anyway but negative and had no side effects
12% 3 votes

Replies

• cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 40,379 AG
    I had a fever of 101 and got tested, the fever went away before I got the results back. It was negative, not sure what I caught instead. Nothing but a fever, no other symptoms. 

Former Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

• poncedoradoponcedorado Posts: 745 Officer
    precautionary tests twice, once in October (before going back into the office) and once in December (before seeing parents over the holidays). Negative both times. I have not had any symptoms or any reason to believe I might have had it.
  • bridgeman213bridgeman213 TB area soon!Posts: 73 Deckhand
    Flew down to WPB last year on plane full of peeps that were coughing like chain smokers, can't remember the last time I was actually sick prior to that week in 40+ years.  Four days after the flight down I'm in bed with every blanket I can dig up in the house and my teeth are chattering running a fever.  It was 80 degrees in the room.  Felt better for the flight back a few days later but it took a week to feel normal.  Oddly I flew down this year a couple of weeks back and never heard one cough or sneeze.
  • treemanjohntreemanjohn Posts: 7,998 Admiral
    edited February 2021 #5
    Never tested and my family has never been tested. Based in symptoms I'm certain I had it in January 2020 and my daughter had the same symptoms 3 days later
    We’re like the piggy bank that everybody is robbing, and that ends
  • pottydocpottydoc Port Saint JoePosts: 5,248 Admiral
    Never been tested, and never had symptoms. 
  • FletchFletch Merritt Island, FLPosts: 2,558 Moderator
    edited February 2021 #7
    Got it 2.5 weeks ago. Fever of 100.5 to 101 with sore eye sockets and back for a few days. Low energy. No appetite. Some GI issues but not too terrible. Lost all smell and taste. Wife and son tested negative so I isolated for 14 days in a cabin at our hunting club. Taste and smell starting to improve a bit. Energy slowly coming back. Feel normal otherwise.

I've felt worse with other colds in the past. This one just felt "different" somehow.
    "Ninety percent I'll spend on good times, women and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent, I'll probably waste..."
    -- Tug McGraw on getting a raise

Get Down Fishing Charters - Port Canaveral, Florida
  • Florida BullfrogFlorida Bullfrog Posts: 4,847 Captain
    I likely had it in December 2019. Severe symptoms, lingering asthma through the summer of 2020. I may have came closer to death than I knew. A couple of nights were pretty rough. Not tested until January 2021 after exposure. 

Other than the lingering asthma, I haven’t been sick in over a year for the first time in my life. 
  • AC ManAC Man Posts: 7,187 Admiral
    edited February 2021 #9
    I tested positive for 6 weeks straight. I'm old fat and diabetic and had absolutely 0 symptoms. Well I will say this I thought that I was a little short of breath but I just chalk that up to being old and out of shape. Never had a fever during the 6-week positive test. Not to mention the wife, my son, I could go on and on and on I don't know anybody that had any symptoms personally that tested positive.
  • Gary SGary S Posts: 3,101 Captain
    I have never had symptoms. Had to have a test to get colonoscopy.
    Tested negative. Found out yesterday my neighbor died from it. His wife died about 6 months ago from cancer. He had bad heart and lungs. would go to keys for lunch with friends. His son and daughter in law got it from him but are alright. 
  • 99.9% sure I had it early Feb. of '20
    Was tester once in 11/20 and twice  in 12/20.......all negative.
    Received first covid shot(Pfizer) 1/20, second on 2/10
    Sore arm for a day from both shots, and a bit tired the day of the first shot.
    Was tired three days after the second shot(not sure if related)
    The end.
    THERE SHOULD BE NO COMMERCIAL FISHING ALLOWED FOR ANY SPECIES THAT IS CONSIDERED OVERFISHED.
  • swampdogswampdog Central FloridaPosts: 3,945 Captain
    Not gonna jinx myself. Do know of two people, one middle age and one senior adult friend that died with it.  
  • Big BatteryBig Battery Posts: 21,694 AG
    if you had no symptoms, then you didnt have it unless you have antibodies. The test means nothing without symptoms.
  • jcbcpajcbcpa Posts: 2,280 Captain
    Never been tested and I haven't had any symptoms. We think my wife had it back in November 19. She was in the bed for a week with fevers, coughing, shortness of breath etc. She went to the DR and they did all the normal test for flu etc which were all negative. Didn't do a Covid test though. She went to the Dr and had them check for antibodies last spring and that was negative, so I don't know. 

God sleeps in the minerals, awakens in plants, walks in animals, and thinks in man.

Arthur Young

• mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 16,002 AG
    My option isn't listed.  Think you had it, tested 4-5 months later for antibodies and was negative.
    Just dropping grenades in OT
  • BallaCoiPersiciBallaCoiPersici NW Italy (Laveno Mombello)Posts: 7,451 Admiral
    “Never tested but think you had Covid during the last 14+ months”

Mid February 2020 I had some symptoms, as I was back from Bahamas through USA. Cough, a couple of days with mild fever, bones pain, short breath. I didn’t give any importance, typical flu/seasonal diseases symptoms, the pandemic show was not started yet although media terrorism about China’s virus was already hitting hard.
    So considering that common flu and every other respiratory diseases don’t exist anymore, it could have been only Covid.
    Massimo (former Ballak) - Please, be patient for my English
    ********************************************************************************************************************************
    I'm typing keeping close my "pasta hole"!
    Political correctness is a mental disease that can put you in slavery. The only cure is to turn on the brain.
    No hope in herd immunity although we don't miss the sheep
    Vulgus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
  • FletchFletch Merritt Island, FLPosts: 2,558 Moderator
    edited March 2021 #17
    So considering that common flu and every other respiratory diseases don’t exist anymore, it could have been only Covid.
    Spot on. I think if you take the average yearly historical flu cases and deaths and subtract them from the China Virus numbers, you have numbers for Covid that are closer to reality.

Further, remove the "Died with Covid" numbers from the "Died FROM Covid" numbers and you have a lower number still.
    "Ninety percent I'll spend on good times, women and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent, I'll probably waste..."
    -- Tug McGraw on getting a raise

Get Down Fishing Charters - Port Canaveral, Florida
  • Big BatteryBig Battery Posts: 21,694 AG
    “Never tested but think you had Covid during the last 14+ months”

Mid February 2020 I had some symptoms, as I was back from Bahamas through USA. Cough, a couple of days with mild fever, bones pain, short breath. I didn’t give any importance, typical flu/seasonal diseases symptoms, the pandemic show was not started yet although media terrorism about China’s virus was already hitting hard.

Is Italy open yet? We are looking for someplace to go for a week.
    The pandemic drama continues here, we are in a situation very close to the March 2020 lockdown. Almost everything is closed (hotels, restaurants, museums, etc.). It depends on region but the situation is really bad.
    Third wave by variants they are announcing from weeks.
    And in order to be sure the third wave is really arriving they lowered any KPI (infected, hospitalised, deaths) for enforcing and justifying restrictions.
    For example the warning level for ICUs is 30% occupation. It doesn’t matter that normally we had 70/80% (some area 100%) for common flu during Winter 🙄. I’m wondering how doctors can accept this (but I can try to guess, less effort for them if people is buried at home).
    I didn’t experienced fascism but I think the current situation is even worse, our freedom is gone. I’m not joking.
    ********************************************************************************************************************************
    Political correctness is a mental disease that can put you in slavery. The only cure is to turn on the brain.
  • Mackeral SnatcherMackeral Snatcher Posts: 12,787 AG
    Very sorry to hear that.
    THERE SHOULD BE NO COMMERCIAL FISHING ALLOWED FOR ANY SPECIES THAT IS CONSIDERED OVERFISHED.
  • ferris1248ferris1248 Posts: 20,654 Moderator
    So you think fascism would be better that what you have now?

"That which is hateful to you, do not do to your fellow. That is the whole of the law. The rest is commentary."

Rabbi Hillel (c20 BCE)

• saltyreefersaltyreefer Posts: 277 Deckhand
    Had it, tested positive. The flu kicked my a*s compared to covid for me. 
  • conchydongconchydong Pompano BeachPosts: 11,973 AG
    It seems so far that most of the folks on the forum who have had or think they had Covid have not had serious symptoms. That is good news as I think most of us are older.

“Everyone behaves badly--given the chance.”
    ― Ernest Hemingway

• Mackeral SnatcherMackeral Snatcher Posts: 12,787 AG
    For me it kicked my butt bad for two days, then I was just very lethargic for a few.
    Never lost taste or smell.
    I broke a fever five or six times the first couple of days.
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 40,379 AG
    edited March 2021 #25
    Has anyone, other than Battery, been tested for antibodies. I know he said he had been. Oh yeah, also mplspug who said he tested negative for antibodies. 

Former Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

• swampdogswampdog Central FloridaPosts: 3,945 Captain
    I donated blood a couple of times in 2020 and was tested for Covid antibodies. Both times I was negative. 
  • saltyreefersaltyreefer Posts: 277 Deckhand
    Had it, tested positive. The flu kicked my a*s compared to covid for me. 

I am a smoker too, I was working around the house during it, I actually built a pergola while I had it. I was prescribed 60ml a day prednisone for five days which is a lot. I was more fatigued than anything and just pushed through it getting stuff done.
     I am 52 but also an hvac tech and very physical on a daily basis. 5' 11" 170lb's  
    edited March 2021 #28
    So you think fascism would be better that what you have now?
    Nope. I said that what we have now is even worse. It's very different.
    According to the History now is more similar to Soviet Union (or DDR/GDR, North Korea, China, etc.) even considering who are, at global level, the main sponsors of the pandemic drama so the ones who like to impose dozens of totally useless freedom restrictions.
    Very sorry to hear that.
    Thanks. Hope the situation will evolve better but I think there is no recover for the damages they did and still are doing.
    The cure is worse than the problem itself.