Skip to main content
Home Northeast (3 Forums) Northeast General Fishing & The Outdoors

Yellowfin Tuna charters in Venice.

snailer91snailer91 Posts: 61 Deckhand
I’m looking to book a charter in sept/oct to catch some yellowfin tuna in Venice for my birthday.  Has anyone gone and if so who would you recommend and how was your experience? I’ve heard great thinks about voodoo and journey down south so far. Would love to fish with Mexican gulf on one of their 42 freeman’s but I’ve read quite a few bad reviews so I’m hesitant to use them. Thanks!

Replies

• JaxKayakJaxKayak Jacksonville, floridaPosts: 51 Deckhand
    I went a few years ago and went with voodoo charters. They were amazing we limited out pretty quickly. Had a great time and would definitely recommend.
  • dihrddihrd Posts: 246 Deckhand
    I’ve taken my boat in the spring a couple times but never In the fall. It’s always super foggy in the spring because of the cold river water.  The fall is when the shrimp boat fishery can be incredibly.  Last year was tough with all the tropical systems.  I have a couple friends keep talking about setting up a charter but never pull the trigger.  Good luck when you go I love fishing the rigs. 
  • fsu11fsu11 Posts: 2,118 Captain
    snailer91 said:
    I’m looking to book a charter in sept/oct to catch some yellowfin tuna in Venice for my birthday.  Has anyone gone and if so who would you recommend and how was your experience? I’ve heard great thinks about voodoo and journey down south so far. Would love to fish with Mexican gulf on one of their 42 freeman’s but I’ve read quite a few bad reviews so I’m hesitant to use them. Thanks!
    Ill go with you when you go k thanks.
  • jglissonjglisson Posts: 10 Deckhand
    I would definitely recommend Captain Wade Wells with Mexican Gulf, he will please you with plenty of yellowfin as well as sword fish, always fishing trip of a lifetime