Home General Hunting

Daddy!!!!

Panhandler80Panhandler80 Posts: 8,509 Moderator

"Whatcha doin' in my waters?"

Replies

• Panhandler80Panhandler80 Posts: 8,509 Moderator
    Just trying to share.  

Facebook has me pretty pissed off. So does Politics. So does Even locals. There’s my pretty boy
  • joekat46joekat46 North PortPosts: 2,535 Captain
  • micci_manmicci_man Somewhere in FLPosts: 14,743 AG
    Be proud man! Time flies...
    Common Sense can't be bought, taught or gifted, yet it is one of the few things in life that is free, and most refuse to even attempt to possess it. - Miguel Cervantes
  • swampdogswampdog Central FloridaPosts: 1,889 Captain
    Enjoy every opportunity with them Pan. They grow up too fast. Pics and memories  <3
  • lookinlookin Posts: 1,396 Officer
    Good times, enjoy.  Bout ready for his first haircut. lol

Got two boys, 12 and 6.  Older one has 3 deer under his belt and hopefully, finally, after some close calls, and one very memorable knee-shaking trigger-pulling hesitation with a monster gob strutting in front of us in some public land piney woods, a turkey this spring.  Been awesome to watch him have success in the deer woods.  Young'n has been to deer camp and the local woods a few times and seems to like it.

Won't be long till your little man will be tagging along on some hunts I imagine.  I'm sure he's seen the inside of a fish or woods critter by now and knows where meat comes from.  ;^)
    God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 14,223 AG
    that's a fun age for kids.  everywhere is new and fascinating.   We loved taking the kids to zoos and water parks when they were little.   anything and everything was fun.   except hibachi.   The fireball scared my boy.  
    Yesterday's memories are not today's reality
  • FloridahuntFloridahunt Palm BeachPosts: 72 Deckhand
    Nice, took mine out to the big c the other day. 

• harbisonharbison Posts: 4,801 Captain
    Absolutely fantastic. 
    What a beautiful young lady:

She, and those like her, are the future of our sport! 

I had no intention of starting up mama daddy children thread. But this is cool.  Y’all keep them coming!
    So cool to watch the rest of y’all enjoy and promote with your babies
    Thank you for starting it.  Really appreciated!  
  • josh_scott84josh_scott84 Palm HarborPosts: 731 Officer
    They sure make all the hard days worth it
    Absolutely Fantastic!
    Wish we could see a lot more like this. 
    Thank you so much for sharing. 
  • PinmanPinman Posts: 2,939 Captain
    Great thread!  I think all my photos are 35MM but a couple of memorable stories.....

I think my daughter was 6 or 7 when I took her on a first Dove hunt.  My brother had a double barrel cap gun complete with "shells" topped with caps to make a report and we used it to teach our kids, mostly on gun safety, before they started shooting the real thing. First in range Dove comes straight towards us and over the top so I tell her to stand up and shoot and I stand and fire at the same time. The Dove tumbles towards earth and I yell "You got it!" and she replied "I did!".  Melts my heart still just thinking about it.  
    edited February 13 #20
    "Melts my heart still just thinking about it."
    Know exactly what you mean.
     Unfortunately we had only 35MM way back when. The cameras of the day were so limited. 
    This is one of the only pictures I have of my wife & three daughters.
    I really do not remember the fox...
      My wife of 39 years, Thelma, and our youngest daughter, Betty, are now doing their hunting in heaven. 
    Dee & Barbara are now Grandmothers. 
    "Melts my heart still just thinking about it."   No one could have said it any better. 

Thank you so much for starting this wonderful thread. 

• JonsredfishinJonsredfishin Posts: 2,344 Captain
    edited February 13 #21
    Few pics from last 2 months  

He’s fired up for a quick youth waterfowl hunt in the morning. 

Cherish the “Daddy” thing while it lasts, I’m starting to become just “Dad”, lol. 
    One president put a man on the moon.
    Another president put a man in the Lady's bathroom.
    I’m not much of a turkey hunter...   Maybe some of you good daddy’s and mommas can get some young ones out there to kill a bird and share it with us.  I’m not here to drum up attention. I just think this has become a cool thread.  I Hope to have my boy out there fishing by mid summer this year. 
     " I Hope to have my boy out there fishing by mid summer this year. "
    Love to see some pictures. 
  • cracker4112cracker4112 Posts: 876 Officer
    Here’s a couple Pan... only a couple more weeks to go and hopefully some new pics
    Fantastic!   Anxious to see the new pics. 
  • JonsredfishinJonsredfishin Posts: 2,344 Captain
    edited February 23 #27
    I’m not much of a turkey hunter...   Maybe some of you good daddy’s and mommas can get some young ones out there to kill a bird and share it with us.  I’m not here to drum up attention. I just think this has become a cool thread.  I Hope to have my boy out there fishing by mid summer this year. 
    I consider strutter decoys cheating, but they make it fun for the kids. We killed this bird last spring and my Son had to chase away it’s brother. 

I’ve called in over 30 birds at least,’this was all decoy, but still fun. 

He’s only 6 yr old, but he wants to get one with his .410 this year. We’ll see. 
    One president put a man on the moon.
    Another president put a man in the Lady's bathroom.
    Great pics. Love to see more. 
  • Wra22Wra22 Posts: 214 Deckhand
    So great to see. Thank you for sharing.