Skip to main content
Home Boating

Polar/Dynasty 2003 1886 T Flats Skiff - anyone have this boat or know it?

saltwaterlifersaltwaterlifer NE Coast - Fla Posts: 4 Greenhorn
Hey - wondering if anyone else has this boat or knows much about it.  I bought one a few years ago and love it...however i am curious if other folks have left it stock or modified/customized.  Example: There are 2 access areas in the back of the boat that are self bailing via scuppers.  On the drivers right side - that access point is where the battery and all the wires converge that lead to other areas of the boat.  The battery and  wiring "tube" located here (going into the hull for wires) are exposed to water some of the time (scuppers, splash, washing boat, etc).  I am mostly in saltwater.  Has anyone made a hatch for this area and diverted any water that may gather into the bilge?    Just curious of others ideas customizing or modifying this boat.  Thanks 

Replies

• pottydocpottydoc Port Saint JoePosts: 5,244 Admiral
    I have the same boat with a 2/s 115 Yamaha. Never had any issues with water damage. I see the whale tail on yours. does it propose if you trim the motor up even a small amount? 
  • saltwaterlifersaltwaterlifer NE Coast - Fla Posts: 4 Greenhorn
    awesome.  what year is yours?  Ya if I have the trim tabs down all the way and trim the motor up it does way better in choppy conditions and it increases speed by about 5-6 MPH.   I don't have any water damage either but i am considering closing off those areas in the back and maybe putting a hatch on top for access.  Have you done any upgrades or anything ? 
    Mines a 2002. I’ve only had cit a few months, installed a new auto bilge  pump, replaced the old one, added a few rod holders and reworked some really bad looking stuff. Mine doesn’t have tabs, and porpoises bad if it’s not trimmed way down. Someone tried to fix it with a big whale tail, and putting a four blade prop on it that’s pitched to high for the motor. I’m gonna take off the poling platform, I’m too old to be climbing up on it anyway, and hope loosing some weight will help. My buddy had one with a 90 that ran find. I will probably have to move the starting batteries to under the console also. I will add a Power Pole but that’s gonna be all. It serves me well without any more bells and whistles. 
    Ok cool  thanks.  I got mine in 2017 - it goes so shallow and has so much space - love it.  is you gas tank in the floor in front of the center console? 
    from what i can find out it seems like this model boat is pretty rare.  let me know if you come up w/ any cool ideas.  thanks 
  • massinaroundmassinaround Big bend flPosts: 1 Greenhorn
    I have an 04 with a 97 Johnson 115 I’ve had it since 15 and love the boat. I’ve thought about blocking both sides off in the back to give it a more finished look and cutting in hatches with bins on both sides to add some fairly dry storage to the boat and access the batteries. Did you end up doing it, if so how’s it turn out?  Haven’t gotten much run time with the trim tabs but so far I think they make all the difference in the world. One thing I’ve noticed lately is that water is sitting in the bottom of center console, the top little ledge drains out of the side of the console so I figured it was a drain hole clogged but I can’t find one. Have you dealt with this issue at all? 
  • minifogo21minifogo21 Carolina beach NCPosts: 1 Greenhorn
    Hey! I cant find too much information on this this boat either but I have a 2000 polar and I just put a 2000 Yamaha 115 2 stroke on it along with a 5” jack plate. looks totally ****, but I also was wondering if anyone has a issue with there in board gas tank? mine has never been used since I bought it. I just drained about 3 gallons of fresh water out of it and I’m pretty concerned with the integrity of my gas tank. What would y’all recommend me to do to fix this issue. 
    Just because it had water in it doesn't mean its got any issues. You can get that from condensation or from using ethanol fuel. I'd drain the whole tank, and put in new, non ethanol fuel.