Skip to main content
Home Fly Fishing

Anyone read Lords of the Fly

Jack HexterJack Hexter New Port RicheyPosts: 5,491 Moderator

Replies

• Barney FifeBarney Fife FairhopePosts: 12 Deckhand
    I have and I agree that it's really good.   It focuses on the pursuit for the world record tarpon on fly at Homossaa in the 70s and early 80s,  It profiles all those guys who were regulars and ....let me tell you....there were some characters.  They didn't exactly sit around at night tying flies.  It's also a great look at the decline of the habitat in that area.   Guys like Tom Evans kept coming but it was never the same after the early 80s.    I enjoyed it. 
  • ba24ba24 Posts: 27 Deckhand
    I have read it and I thought it was a great. It was very interesting to read about the evolution of tarpon fly fishing and how those guys paved the way.
  • SevenweightSevenweight Posts: 95 Deckhand
    Yeah, great read. And the discussion about the ecological changes here around Homosassa was a bonus, even though somewhat depressing.