Skip to main content
Home Classifieds: Hunting and Shooting

SOLD - Steyr Mannlicher, SBS 96 in .270

wizard78wizard78 Posts: 680 Officer

SOLD - Steyr Mannlicher, SBS 96 in .270 

The first thing that catches your eye on this firearm is the exquisitely figured AAA stock with its dark streaks throughout.  The streamlined appearance of the European cheek piece adds elegance to the wood as does the low luster and makes it a pleasure to just hold. The metal work flows because of the streamlined rear of the bolt, the “spoon handle” of the bolt, the sculpted receiver and the hammer forged barrel with its swirls. You notice the deep bluing doesn’t glare at you as it follows in the style of low luster like the stock. There are engraving accents throughout that aren’t overpowering starting at the front cap that surrounds the front of stock at the muzzle.  It continues to the magazine, the  game scene in the grip cap and the spare bullet trap underneath. A simple red pad finishes the back. The rifle handles well and has a crisp single set trigger to enhance accurate shooting. I was smitten when I saw this rifle and I describe it as when I handled it for the first time. I am the second owner and the first owner had not fired rifle. I fired 10 rounds to test, after I acquired. Sadly the first owner had already sold the scope, rings and base before selling rifle to me and the filler screws are missing from top of receiver . Detachable sling swivels included.

The following was copied from a review of the Steyr SBS system and thought I would include.

A revolutionary bolt action design, the SBS represents the next generation of Steyr precision rifles, and should be a pace-setter for future bolt action rifles. The heart of the Steyr SBS is its action. Totally rigid, the high strength steel receiver houses its unique Safe Bolt. Boasting four locking lugs, the SBS bolt is stronger than necessary, and only a rotation of 60 degrees is needed for it to be unlocked. Grooves in the bolt body guarantee reliable function under adverse conditions, and the bolt field strips in seconds without tools. Totally new, the SBS' receiver features a patented safety bushing that encases the extractor, thus providing an additional safety margin in case of unexpected excessive chamber pressures. As a proof-test of this safety bushing, Steyr has fired special high pressure proof rounds of 120,000 pounds per square inch (PSI) in the SBS without any damage. For comparison, conventional high pressure proof loads produce only up to 70,000 PSI. Steyr's high quality cold hammer forged match grade barrel is screwed into the receiver.

The pictures don’t do justice to this fine firearm and if you want any special angle, just request in an email or text.

$3,900 $3600. FTF within 30 miles of Port St. Lucie, on Rt. 95 exits.

$4,000. $3700. if you need shipped to your FFL in a hard case, insured.

Must be at least 21, Florida resident and CWL preferred unless I know you.

Wizard78(at)bellsouth.net(dot)net

77two 9two4 999five Text/voice.

Replies