Home Classifieds: Hunting and Shooting

SOLD - Good Cond. Browning ,ATD Grade1, 22LR - Added Take Down Piccs

wizard78wizard78 Posts: 651 Officer

SOLD - This is my early 1969, Belgium manufacture Grade 1, Browning ATD rifle. Has very good finish but for a couple of areas of flecking or small blotches, on barrel. Bore and crown are perfect. Added last pic to show blotch. This rifle has some dings in the stock from being carried in the woods by my careless nephew, while hunting squirrels.  I lent to him in perfect shape and 2 years later, this is how it was returned. No reason to get mad, he's family.

I’ve test fired and checked functionality with two brands ammo and all is perfect. Will swab down barrel and oil up for next owner.

Look at pictures and email or text with reasonable offers or to receive extra shots of gun since I don’t always get notified of messages or replies to this ad. First “I’ll take it” owns this little beauty. Cross posted.

ETA, 1/31: Have swabbed down barrel and oiled up for next owner.

I have included some pics to show the rifle apart, how compact it becomes for transportation and to make cleaning simple. Takedown and reassembly is very easy by just holding the bolt back a bit, pushing the small latch forward and twisting barrel counterclockwise/clockwise. (Thanks RobertR, for a good suggestion)

$750.00 FTF within 30 miles of Port St. Lucie, on Rt. 95 Exits or shipped to your FFL for cost/insurance.  

Must be at least 21, Florida resident and CWL preferred unless I know you.

Wizard78(at)bellsouth.net(dot)net

77two 9two4 999five Text/voice.

Replies

• RobertRRobertR Posts: 355 Deckhand
    Wizard, As you know The Belgium made Browning 22 Takedown are very nice and very collectible. They are very light and can be taken down in half for storage. I got a "made in Japan" one in a trade 20 years ago. If you post a picture of your Browning " taken down" maybe it will get more interest.  
  • wizard78wizard78 Posts: 651 Officer
    RobertR said:
    Wizard, As you know The Belgium made Browning 22 Takedown are very nice and very collectible. They are very light and can be taken down in half for storage. I got a "made in Japan" one in a trade 20 years ago. If you post a picture of your Browning " taken down" maybe it will get more interest.  
    I have 8 pictures up for everyone to view.  Are you trying to view from a cell phone? That might be the problem. If you want them sent to your phone, send me a text. If you are on a laptop/desktop, I don't know what might be wrong. 
  • RobertRRobertR Posts: 355 Deckhand
    I can see all 8 pics.  Some buyers might be more interested if they know the rifle breaks down into 2 pieces.  I have one myself, but it was made in the 1990's in Japan. 
    RobertR said:
    I can see all 8 pics.  Some buyers might be more interested if they know the rifle breaks down into 2 pieces.  I have one myself, but it was made in the 1990's in Japan. 
    Thank you. Now I understand. I misunderstood what you were trying to tell me. Will do that in AM for good light.
    Sincerely, thank you. A great suggestion.
    Regards.
  • ap111ap111 Posts: 79 Deckhand
    Does this particular model have the top of the receiver grooved for the scope mounts or is the top of the receiver plain?  Hard to tell from the pictures but looks to not be a grooved receiver.
    Thanks.
    edited February 5 #7
    ap111 said:
    Does this particular model have the top of the receiver grooved for the scope mounts or is the top of the receiver plain?  Hard to tell from the pictures but looks to not be a grooved receiver.
    Thanks.
    No, this is not grooved. It has two screws on top rear of barrel to attach a scope base. I do have a scope base with install instructions, that is grooved, that fits it. 
    ETA: The base extends back over the receiver to mount the scope on and reason is that since the barrel can be removed and put back on, if the scope was mounted on receiver, the point of impact when sighting through a scope could shift with even the slightest miss alignment of barrel to receiver.