Home Ten Thousand Islands General Fishing & The Outdoors

Mr Wiggley soft plastic lures ?

Anyone know if these are still produced?  I remember something last year about the lures. I've been told they are deadly for snook.

Replies

• polliwogpolliwog Posts: 319 Deckhand
    Just found my own answer to the question, I was wrong about the name, It's not Mr Wiggley ,it's Mr Wiffelure,made in Chocoloskee..Ordered some today. 
  • nobleonenobleone Posts: 88 Deckhand
    Very sexy bait, I have caught more redfish on them than snuke.  Just have to learn how to hook 'em right to get the best/natural action out of them.

"If it's not one thing, it's an alternator"

• lemaymiamilemaymiami Posts: 4,186 Captain
    edited January 27 #4
    They work very well... one of my anglers caught and released a very big snook on one two years ago in Chokoloskee Bay... It was easily more than thirty pounds... on one of my leadheads and a five inch Mr. Wiffle tail... 

And yes, I need to order more of those tails...

as Kenny Brown said when he saw the pic... "not many that size in the 10K"... We went to extra lengths to make sure she swam away in good order...  We catch big tarpon on Mr. Wiffle as well... 
    Tight Lines
    Bob LeMay
    (954) 435-5666
    That us one super snook, I'm happy with 30-34 inchers lol. Love these fish.
  • lemaymiamilemaymiami Posts: 4,186 Captain
    Doubt we'll ever see one that size again - any time soon.... Every time I tangle with a big girl I always do everything possible to get her back swimming away from the skiff in good order.
    Tight Lines
    Bob LeMay
    (954) 435-5666
  • 10kman10kman Posts: 733 Officer
       Polliwog,you you have tele# or address where you got your Mr.Wifflelure ?
    HI Pete, go to Mr Wifflelure.com. They sell them on line .Free shipping. Whole story is on the web site. Go Fish.
    .The address for the Co is Mr Wifflelure.com,PO Box445, Chockoloskee,Fl 34138-0446; Very fast shipping.
  • Paucan6005Paucan6005 Port of the islandsPosts: 67 Deckhand
    Still some big ones around.. we boated 2 last week 35” & 38”. 
    Both just inside . And both were surprises. Using paddle tails but now the whiffles are available those were our favorites
  • snookaffinitysnookaffinity Naples, FLPosts: 1,209 Officer
    edited February 22 #11
    My grandkids bought me some Mr. Wiffles lures from the manufacturer at his home in Chokoloskee. Skip Strong, 239-695-0695 or 786-897-1305.
    "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
  • Grey BeardGrey Beard Posts: 108 Deckhand
    One plastic paddletail that really wiggles is SST Slayer. Last yr a 34" snook on Lemon Drop plus trout love them. Problem is I can't find a retail outlet near Ft Myers so ordering direct. Best colors for me Lemon Drop and Purple Haze.

Grey Beard
  • mlangemlange Posts: 116 Deckhand
    mr wiggley is another thing that would probably work real well in a lot of situations salt or fresh water. 

I am going to use the hook set ups on grey beard"s lures on Mr wiffles lures.  Picked some up at ace in Naples.  Hook size 4.0 1/8 ounce weight.  We'll see how they work.  I'll report back