Home Northeast (3 Forums) Northeast Fishing Reports

Sunday Ledge Trip

DubleDDubleD Neptune BeachPosts: 4 Greenhorn
Went out of Mayport Sunday morning and headed to the Ledge looking for Wahoo. The cold stiff NW winds make for a rough and long day on the water. Picked up 2 Mahi and a King around 150ft w/75 Deg Temp. Both Mahi on flat lined blue/white skirted Ballyhoo, the King with a red/black skirted Ballyhoo on a planer... no large wahoo jigs hit. Stopped on the way in to bottom bump at Casablanca with little to no bites, headed to my honey hole around AH and pulled in a few nice Seabass that finished the day off.

Replies

• BattlefishBattlefish Jacksonville, FLPosts: 168 Deckhand
    great report  thanks
    Fishing YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyKdiam7vzvGthpaR1Anrdw 

BattleFish
  • rolltestedrolltested Posts: 32 Deckhand
    I haven't seen any reports of wahoo yet. Maybe someone will chime in and give us a report that they found them. 
  • ChillyChilly Posts: 528 Officer
    similar results for us. jigged a number on the way out and picked up 2 cobes. then pulled meat, lipped divers and planar.  lost a planar bait to a big bite.  picked up several tunas, handful of mahi and kings. cold and rough.  wouldnt exactly call it fun.   

CHEAP BAIT! Try our NE FL Bait Co-op: http://northeastfloridabaitcoop.com/

• BottomBumpinBottomBumpin Jax BeachPosts: 1,621 Captain
    yeah went too and got a small King on HS for the efforts.  only found 67 degrees where were at out of Mayport... ladies on board made it even tougher to stay focused due to rollers, wind and spraying all day.. tried to call it early but Capt was hell bent on picking up a Wahoo..  we had 2 good ones 2 weeks ago but notta on Sunday.  sounds like you guys did better and we didnt take the time to try to hit any numbers.. once headed west the ladies weren't having it..  congrats to y'all DD and Chilly even tho is was NO fun... 
  • mattys316mattys316 Jacksonville, FLPosts: 13 Deckhand
    We went Monday. Actually a pretty nice day until around 1pm. Then the wind kicked up out of the south and it got a little rough. But managed 1 hoo on high speed and some nice triggers and beeliners. The wahoo was around 145’ and around 72.5 water temp I believe. Maybe a little early for them still.