Home Ten Thousand Islands General Fishing & The Outdoors

Marco help

BillyHoyleUSA7BillyHoyleUSA7 Marco IslandPosts: 3 Greenhorn
My family has had a condo on Tigertail forever but this will be my first go at inshore/shore fishing there in a couple of weeks. I have the ‘staples’ lures but wanted to know if it’s worth my time to fish the shore and lagoon there or if I should head to places with more structure? I don’t have a boat or kayak. I fish for reds, trout, and flounder in Hilton Head and am looking for those plus more in Marco. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Replies

• 10kman10kman Posts: 771 Officer
       Several places that will rent you a kayak
    if you want to go that route.Isle of Capri
    Fish house good place to start.
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 8,816 Admiral
    That Lagoon holds some fish in the summer..Winter low tides and it,s a Mud trap.
    Head up San Marco road north  , Go to  Collier Seminole State Park and rent a Canoe..paddle downstream with the tide and that first little creek on the  Right..I think there's even a Channel Markers there...Fish the creek and the ( mud bay ) mouth areas .
    Slow moving shallow running baits.
    If you see a school of Mud Minnows stay with them and fish them hard. Fish will follow them around the bay. It's a shallow bay and stays warmer than every place else.
    Float the tide back cause you ain,t gonna paddle against it.
    I lived 5 miles away for 30 years.
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • 1outlaw1outlaw Naples FLPosts: 1,540 Captain
    ^^^^^^^^^
    Solid advise right there!!
    Jason :USA
  • BillyHoyleUSA7BillyHoyleUSA7 Marco IslandPosts: 3 Greenhorn
    Just saw these replies. Got skunked today. The lagoon was exactly that - a mud trap. Had a redfish chase a popping cork with DOA shrimp on the Gulf side but he didn’t commit. I will check out the park you’re suggesting and report back! 
  • Paucan6005Paucan6005 Port of the islandsPosts: 69 Deckhand
    Just a suggestion: big tides tommorrow . The morning low can leave you high and dry in there for a few hours
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 8,816 Admiral
    edited December 2020 #7
    Ok , So Billy...
    You just saw our replies...
    You asked a couple questions a couple weeks  ago and we gave our best advice...and you never read the replies...so we wasted our time...ya.
    Glad you got to spend one of your vacation days fishing the mud hole we warned you about..
    Rock On
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • BillyHoyleUSA7BillyHoyleUSA7 Marco IslandPosts: 3 Greenhorn
    edited January 1 #8
    I didn’t mean to waste anyone’s time or my own vacation day. Sorry you feel that way. I just joined FS and wasn’t aware anyone had responded. Was unable to stray far to fish. I’m sure the red tide didn’t help either.  I’ll check out where people have suggested.