Home Photography Corner

Ptarmigan

gogittumgogittum SW New MexicoPosts: 1,266 Officer
🎵​ And a Ptarmigan in a Pine tree ​🎵........How's this for camouflage ??

Replies

• redsgurlredsgurl Posts: 610 Officer
    Wow!!! Looks like it may be in the Grouse family? What a neat bird!
    Suz

Capybara's are vicious and should not be let alone with small children. In-laws are another matter.............
  • gogittumgogittum SW New MexicoPosts: 1,266 Officer
    They're a strange bird.  Not sure about family, but about the same intelligence level as a Ruffled Grouse - also known as Fool Hen - (very low level) and I've sat beside one on a gravel road in the truck and listened to them grumble, like a cranky ol' granny.  They're said to be very good eating.
  • redsgurlredsgurl Posts: 610 Officer
    Super cool. LOL @ grumbling. I am sure they are good eating. Look at that thing!
    Suz

Capybara's are vicious and should not be let alone with small children. In-laws are another matter.............
  • mtntopmtntop ColoradoPosts: 5 Deckhand
    edited February 23 #5
    Nice photo, I hunt those out here in Colorado. Out here, we usually find them above 11,000 feet. They are good to eat, taste like chukar or blue grouse.
  • gogittumgogittum SW New MexicoPosts: 1,266 Officer
    You're making me hungry.  Blue Grouse were my favorite birds to hunt in north Idaho, also at high elevations.  Dee-lushus.  A neat trick we found with Ruffled Grouse was to sneak them into the Chicken Broaster in the local bar.  Does them up very, very nicely.....but don't let the owner catch you.
  • mtntopmtntop ColoradoPosts: 5 Deckhand
    LOL, or the health department!