Home General Paddle Craft

Took the wife out on the yaks and she got 3 new firsts.

JW_YakAnglerJW_YakAngler NaplesPosts: 287 Deckhand
I tried my hand at guiding for the day and put my wife on her first snook, first redfish, and first kayak sleigh ride. Her technique definitely needs some work, but she got it done. Video linked below.

My YouTube channel: JakeW KayakFishing

Replies

• SpineymanSpineyman Destin, FlPosts: 8,376 Admiral
    Good job getting your wife some good fish!
    Kayak Rookie...and loving it.
    Fishing beautiful Destin / Ft Walton Beach area!

II Chronicles 7:14
    if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

• John McKroidJohn McKroid Posts: 2,926 Captain
    That is excellent!  I wish I could get my wife interested in going fishing with me.
  • krashkrash Posts: 731 Officer
    Nice...  one of the things I like about kayaking is my wife would not get caught dead on one.. solidarity.
    Old Fugger who just likes to fish
  • AaronCannonAaronCannon Pinellas County Posts: 925 Officer
    edited December 2020 #5
    That is excellent!  I wish I could get my wife interested in going fishing with me.
    Id rather take 6 kindergarteners, that can't swim, on the same kayak.
    The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.
    Jeff Cooper
  • JW_YakAnglerJW_YakAngler NaplesPosts: 287 Deckhand
    LOL, I guess I am pretty lucky. 20 yrs married and she has only gone kayaking with me a dozen or so times, and this was the first time she actually fished, but she has also learned to love Star Wars and my reptile hobby, so there is hope.
    My YouTube channel: JakeW KayakFishing
    krash said:
    Nice...  one of the things I like about kayaking is my wife would not get caught dead on one.. solidarity.
    Solitude is nice, but it's also nice to do things with the wife to keep the marriage healthy.  Better to have the date activity be something you like than something you just tolerate.  If the flowers don't get water, they die.

Id rather take 6 kindergarteners, that can't swim, on the same kayak.
    If you really feel that way, perhaps it is time to re-evaluate the relationship.  Good luck.

LOL, I guess I am pretty lucky. 20 yrs married and she has only gone kayaking with me a dozen or so times, and this was the first time she actually fished, but she has also learned to love Star Wars and my reptile hobby, so there is hope.
    It takes two to tango.  Some luck and some skill on your part - Kudos to you and may the next 20 be equally positive.
    edited December 2020 #8
    Have, she likes fishing, as long as she can curse the rod, reel, and tide.
    So now she birdwatches, drops phone in water.
    I laugh...at a safe distance, and quietly. lol
    The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles.
    Jeff Cooper
    Have, she likes fishing, as long as she can curse the rod, reel, and tide.
    So now she birdwatches, drops phone in water.
    I laugh...at a safe distance, and quietly. lol
    Lol, It's a good thing to let out one's frustrations.   I hope the phone is waterproof.
    Was, and still there, she doesnt find Samsung Flat as funny as i do though
    Jeff Cooper