I was at the base of the pier at Ft Myers Beach and netted a bunch of very small (3 in.) Catfish that were grouped by the piling.
After handing, I got stung w one. The woman working at the shop there said they're no more serious than a bee sting.
I of course googled it and read horror stories; but from people with stings from much larger catfish.
Anyone familiar with these fish and can confirm if I should seek medical attention or if its only minor.
SWO LCDR, USN-Retired
Sea Chaser 200 Flats Series
Old Town Predator Kayak
cut on the water or even at a ramp the first thing i do is pour some
of the peroxide on the cut no matter how small it is.
Hydrogen peroxide kills bacteria and viruses on contact.