Home General Fishing

Best fishing in November

Lorenky1Lorenky1 California Posts: 6 Greenhorn
Hello. We’re beginning to plan a trip to Florida in early November 2021. Would like to add a couple of days of guided fishing. We prefer freshwater fishing or the backcountry, as opposed to ocean fishing. The species doesn’t matter as much as good fun plentiful fishing. But we’re having a hard time finding any fish or places that are really peak in early November. We’re open to going anywhere in Florida. What fish or locations would you recommend in early November? Thanks so much

Replies

• lemaymiamilemaymiami Posts: 4,373 Captain
    Chokoloskee or Flamingo.... Everglades National Park fishes very well now if the weather cooperates... Send an email request and receive a brochure with color photos... by return [email protected]
    Tight Lines
    Bob LeMay
    (954) 435-5666
  • cortrcortr Posts: 403 Deckhand
    Bass fishing on Lake Okeechobee can be real good in November. With water temperature cooling, the fish are moving to shallower water. It is little early for spawn, but you could still catch a big one. 
  • 10kman10kman Posts: 813 Officer
       Since you wish to have a guide be very specific what species you
    wish to catch.Water temp primary factor because some fish become
    inactive in cooler water.Others like trout and sheepshead more active,
    redfish have a wide range of comfortable conditions.
  • poncedoradoponcedorado Posts: 534 Officer
    SW Florida or the Keys probably provides the most diverse set of opportunities with good fishing and good guides, and importantly in November, options if the wind starts blowing.

Only other place that comes to mind would be SE coast Ft pierce / Stuart / Jupiter area- Early november could be a great time to catch the tail end of the mullet run for snook and tarpon as well as the sailfish bite heating up offshore. 
  • Lorenky1Lorenky1 California Posts: 6 Greenhorn
    Thank you very much for the suggestions. I’ll check those out.
  • tomhiddlestontomhiddleston BrazilPosts: 2 Greenhorn
    Great, maybe I will invite you to plan like you too.
  • Lorenky1Lorenky1 California Posts: 6 Greenhorn
    So I think we will aim for bass in the Everglades. Any recommendations for good guides? Thanks
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 21,248 AG
    If I was going to go for bass...I would pick east central florida.....by far.
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • KlingerKlinger Posts: 2,053 Captain
    Lorenky1 said:
    Thank you very much for the suggestions. I’ll check those out.
    I think he's been fishing the backcountry longer than most
    Bob LeMay
    (954) 435-5666

In my many years, I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame,two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.-- John Adams
  • Gary SGary S Posts: 2,723 Captain
    Lorenky1 said:
    So I think we will aim for bass in the Everglades. Any recommendations for good guides? Thanks
    Water is higher than I can remember, doubt you will se a bass.
  • lemaymiamilemaymiami Posts: 4,373 Captain
    Take a moment and check out my fishing reports on the south Florida board here on Florida Sportsman... I’ll have a new one later today when I get a free moment.  

Thanks for the kind words y’all. Hope. I can live up to them...
    Tight Lines
    Bob LeMay
    (954) 435-5666
  • Turner River TerrorTurner River Terror Posts: 9,222 Admiral
    duckmanJR said:
    Hold on there...
    You can do 100 Bass a day in the Everglades Conservation Areas. Might get a 5 /6 pounder but you'll get a bunch of 1 to 3 pounders. 
    Non stop action sometimes plus you get Oscars , Snakeheads , Mudfish ( fresh water Cobia ) , Mayan Chinchlids , All kinds of weird stuff. Variety South Fla. has about everywhere beat.
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 21,248 AG
    duckmanJR said:
    Hold on there...
    You can do 100 Bass a day in the Everglades Conservation Areas. Might get a 5 /6 pounder but you'll get a bunch of 1 to 3 pounders. 
    Non stop action sometimes plus you get Oscars , Snakeheads , Mudfish ( fresh water Cobia ) , Mayan Chinchlids , All kinds of weird stuff. Variety South Fla. has about everywhere beat.
    Maybe you did not read what Gary S said... High water is not what you want in the glades...at all... And I don't care where the OP goes...just passing on some info to him......without blowing up the latest greatest spot...
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • RollinRollin Posts: 1,549 Captain
    Op said November 2021 who knows where the water will be
  • jt904jt904 Central FloridaPosts: 98 Deckhand
    Flounder in St. Aug/Jax. check out Morocco madness charters
    176 Key West Stealth