Home Northeast (3 Forums) Northeast Fishing Reports

Offshore Saturday?

BarnettboysBarnettboys Jacksonville Posts: 34 Deckhand
Forecast is looking good for Saturday. Anyone been out lately or going this week?

Replies

• Robalo13Robalo13 Jacksonville Posts: 63 Deckhand
    I’m thinking about it!  Trolling or bottom fishing 
  • DrLouDrLou JacksonvillePosts: 40 Deckhand
    Definitely going on Saturday. Hopefully will troll for 2 hours at Elton, then bottom fish. Hopefully someone gives reports today or tomorrow. 
    Keep in touch: I. Sea. U. channel 8. 
  • LakotaRainLakotaRain JaxPosts: 49 Deckhand
    Not sure about Saturday...  But heading out tomorrow...  If conditions hold will be heading out to 150' and working our way back in....  I Will post the results here...  If I remember...   B)..  Lakota Rain on Channel 72...
    25 Sea Fox Voyager...

• cftsmokecftsmoke JacksonvillePosts: 350 Deckhand
    DrLou said:
    Definitely going on Saturday. Hopefully will troll for 2 hours at Elton, then bottom fish. Hopefully someone gives reports today or tomorrow. 
    Keep in touch: I. Sea. U. channel 8. 

Should have went today but had alot to do. I'm planning on leaving Mayport @0700 and heading east.  Probably run until I hit 78degrees and start to troll looking for BFT, wahoo or lots of bait.  On 16 and 72 answering to Dauntless.
    2005 Everglades 290 Pilot.  Twin 250 Verados.
  • BarnettboysBarnettboys Jacksonville Posts: 34 Deckhand
    Heading out of Vilano right now. See you guys out there
    Yesterday: Weather reports were confusing. NWS were more reassuring than Windfinder and Weatherbug suggested so much rain but we left at 0630 and ran 50 miles to North Elton in relatively calm seas at 30-35mph. Put out 3 fast troll rigs and pulled plastic from 120 to 130 feet in 74-75 degree water for 90 minutes. No hits.
    With increasing wind and waves we bottom bumped  at 120 ft with some big bees but way too many Bar Jacks. Great fighters. Rhodan couldn't hold agains wind and current. Moved in to 110 feet against 4 and occasional 5 footers and rain. Rain stopped and seas flattened. Rhodan was perfect. Got big bees put still too many bar jacks. Moved to a new spot which was a honey hole and pure bees. Only other catch all day were 2-3 snapper and 2-3 undersized triggers. Smooth ride home through black skies. as we pulled into lift the temperature dropped like a rock and heavy rain.
    Will clean boat and fish today. Only saw 3 other boats all day. 
    Unfortunately we took no photos. 

Any other reports??
  • kayjay90kayjay90 FlaglerPosts: 67 Deckhand
    We went out of matanzas and went to the ledge for bottom fishing. Current and wind was to strong, 2lbs wouldn’t hold bottom. 
    Ran back into 120ft lots of red porgies. 20lb mutton and some of the biggest mangroves I’ve ever seen. Surprisingly no ARS!!
    tax man was bad had some really nice fish on that we never got to see.
    flying fish were everywhere about 150ft 

weather was rough in the am but calmed down about 1
    seems like no matter how far I go Im just short of the big fish. The ledge is 10 -15 miles closer from St Aug than from Mayport. Not complaining. we have some fine eating but would have like to get  mutton or Mangos. 
  • cftsmokecftsmoke JacksonvillePosts: 350 Deckhand
    DrLou said:
    Yesterday: Weather reports were confusing. NWS were more reassuring than Windfinder and Weatherbug suggested so much rain but we left at 0630 and ran 50 miles to North Elton in relatively calm seas at 30-35mph. Put out 3 fast troll rigs and pulled plastic from 120 to 130 feet in 74-75 degree water for 90 minutes. No hits.
    With increasing wind and waves we bottom bumped  at 120 ft with some big bees but way too many Bar Jacks. Great fighters. Rhodan couldn't hold agains wind and current. Moved in to 110 feet against 4 and occasional 5 footers and rain. Rain stopped and seas flattened. Rhodan was perfect. Got big bees put still too many bar jacks. Moved to a new spot which was a honey hole and pure bees. Only other catch all day were 2-3 snapper and 2-3 undersized triggers. Smooth ride home through black skies. as we pulled into lift the temperature dropped like a rock and heavy rain.
    Will clean boat and fish today. Only saw 3 other boats all day. 
    Unfortunately we took no photos. 

Any other reports??
    I was out there too- probably saw you. I cleared the mayport jetty at 0715 and ran out to Elton.  Ride out wasn’t too bad but it got sporty from 30-40 miles out.  Pulled yozuris, rapalas as a daisy chain cedar plug way back but got mauled by Bonita and saw little else on the machines.  The rollers started getting bigger so I decided to run in a little and try some bottom bumping. As I ran in to BR, it started to lay down but I wasn’t about to turn back around.  I did manage a decent African pomp but got sharked a few too many times.  The run in was nice although I hit rain squalls from 9 mile in.  Sitting behind my full windshield and running the radar made it a dry, easy ride.  Did get stopped by FWC in the approach (they were friendly, very wet and jealous that I was dry) but they declined to board after short chat.  Good day but a BFT or wahoo would have helped.
    2005 Everglades 290 Pilot.  Twin 250 Verados.
  • gravitygravity Posts: 1 Greenhorn
    Went to north EB also. Similar results. One nice AP, big mango, few triggers. had to pick through many jacks and AR's Never found B's. Probably too impatient. HS for an hour, nothing. Was not the weather I had hoped for but after 2 months it was great being out.