Home General Hunting

Help with Osceola NF

onelicilonelicil AtlantaPosts: 1 Greenhorn
Hello to everyone,
I wonder if anyone is snipe at Osceola NF who can help someone follow or get started? I would like to learn and try something. However, I don't know anyone who hunted them. I searched a lot but didn't get a positive response. But I need a lot of help with what I do as much as snipe.
I would be glad if you help.

Replies

• needtohuntmoreneedtohuntmore MelbournePosts: 417 Deckhand
    Love the broken English. Welcome to the land of the free.  Keep it that way.  With that find open grass expanses that have two inches of water.  Snipe will be there. The are better WMAs though...
  • FloridaODFloridaOD Posts: 3,931 Captain
    edited November 21 #3
    I have seen a couple of Snipe over many years romping and stomping Osceola National Forest.
    I used to hunt Snipe very much on purpose, and successfully in South Florida.
    There are probably areas in the Forest that would be good Snipe hunting.
    I have planned on exploring that.

The best suggestion for an Osceola National Forest newbie Snipe Hunter is to wander the Forest and wait for friendly stranger(s) to offer to take you on a Snipe hunt.
    Enjoy the ride deep in to Osceola country where you are dropped off. Pine Flats........ not the best Snipe spot......... 
    See you later!!!
    🤣
    Hunters are present yet relatively uncommon in Florida :wink
  • swampdogswampdog Central FloridaPosts: 1,503 Captain
    Florida OD, is this the hunt that only requires, a dark night, flashlight, croaker sack, and a supply of gullibility?
  • LostconchLostconch Posts: 797 Officer
    We always had a piece of already cooked snipe meat waiting in camp so the newbie could taste what he is missing 
  • FloridaODFloridaOD Posts: 3,931 Captain
    swampdog said:
    Florida OD, is this the hunt that only requires, a dark night, flashlight, croaker sack, and a supply of gullibility?
    Yes
     😎
    Hunters are present yet relatively uncommon in Florida :wink